661 Rage knee pads

MonkFunk
MonkFunk Posts: 91
edited January 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

Been thinking of getting some knee pads and have seen that CRC have these on offer.

Just wondered if anyone had any opinions on them?

Cheers

Comments

• DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    they are this years version of the kyle straits, which a lot of people ( me included) rate highly.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Kyle Straits are good but like all the 661 kit I have got they are poor quality and fall apart.
  • I just ordered a pair although do a google shopping search as I picked them up for £35 plus 4 quid postage :-)
  • I think I might give them a go.
    I just ordered a pair although do a google shopping search as I picked them up for £35 plus 4 quid postage :-)

Just for info, CRC have a private sale which you can access with your login details if you've ordered from them before. They're selling them for £29.99 delivered.
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    ive had a pair for a few months since they came out , they are comfy dont move about and stopped me needing a new kneecap when i came off in the ice recently id recommend them.
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • Can't seem to be able to find the private sale location? Any pointers

Thanks

Simon
    Canyon Nerve AM 6.0 2011
    Kona Firemountain HT
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Kyle Straits are good but like all the 661 kit I have got they are poor quality and fall apart.

Had mine for approx 2 years, lots of use and washes and theyre absolutely fine.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    Most reviews I've read says the rages aren't as good as the KS which is a shame. There's a few pairs of KSs going cheap if you're a small or XL.

Fox Launch pro seems to be the new default choice.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    Just to throw a spanner in the works, I have the Nukeproof Critical Knee pads and they are superb. I genuinely forget I have them on when riding and fit really well/provide awesome protection.
  • I have these, I'm new to pads and I've only ridden with them 5 or 6 times but I find them more comfotable than I expected, I paid £30 inc postage via ebay.

I'm too old to bounce these days, i'm going to pick up the matchign elbow pads soon.
  • Just logged in to the private sale to place my order and they've knocked another £5 off. Now £25 delivered. Bonus.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    MonkFunk wrote:
    Just logged in to the private sale to place my order and they've knocked another £5 off. Now £25 delivered. Bonus.

For that price I'd snap em up. I'd get a pair to try out if I had £25 knocking about.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • chrisw333
    chrisw333 Posts: 695
    kyle straits here for £23 (inc post)

http://cyclingweekly.ipcshop.co.uk/shop ... -black4987
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    I've ordered the Kyle Straits from the CyclingWeekly shop - thanks chrisw333. Hope they actually do have them in stock as the mediums seem rare as hens teeth these days!
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Oh Marone
    Oh Marone Posts: 261
    chrisw333 wrote:
    kyle straits here for £23 (inc post)

Thanks for the link, was going to order the rage but have gone for the KS's as they seem to have better reviews :D
  • luv2ride
    My Kyle Straits arrived from the Cycling Weekly online shop today - £23 brand new and sealed - come with the net carry bag. Been after a pair in medium for ages, but the 2nd hand ones on ebay go for stupid money. If you're after some knee pads, get in there quick :wink: :
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • luv2ride
    Should've checked the link before reposting the CyclingWeekly link. Looks like they've now all sold out, sorry :oops: