UCI warned riders of suspicious blood values

Crozza
Crozza Posts: 991
edited January 2013 in Pro race
http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/01/ ... ues_272305

according to Verbruggen, education is better than punishment, or something like that...

Comments

• Trev The Rev
    Trev The Rev Posts: 1,040
    Crozza wrote:
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/01/news/must-read-uci-warned-riders-of-suspicious-blood-values_272305

according to Verbruggen, education is better than punishment, or something like that...

Hein Verbruggen confirms in the interview that Thomas Weisel Partners managed some of his assets from 2001-2004. Weisel was the co-owner of Armstrong’s USPostal team and one of the business partners of Armstrong. Verbruggen says he didn’t know about that. ‘But even if I had known, I wouldn’t have thought twice about it.’

Was anyone else warned their blood values were not normal other than Armstrong & Kroon?
  • bipedal
    bipedal Posts: 466
    Is he really defending warning Armstrong by saying that it wasn't just an Armstrong conspiracy, it was a sport-wide conspiracy?! He thinks that's better?!
  • Crozza wrote:
    http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/01/news/must-read-uci-warned-riders-of-suspicious-blood-values_272305

Hein Verbruggen confirms in the interview that Thomas Weisel Partners managed some of his assets from 2001-2004. Weisel was the co-owner of Armstrong’s USPostal team and one of the business partners of Armstrong. Verbruggen says he didn’t know about that. ‘But even if I had known, I wouldn’t have thought twice about it.’

Was anyone else warned their blood values were not normal other than Armstrong & Kroon?

Hamilton
  • Hey, whats the problem. its only following UK employment law disclipinary process (sort of)

Strike 1: verbal warning = chat with UCI
    Strike 2: written warning = ban of x duration
    Strike 3: ban for life - or as good as (see Ricco as example)
  • Trev The Rev
    Trev The Rev Posts: 1,040
    Crozza wrote:

Hamilton

Anyone still competing been warned?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

Kroon according to the snippet
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • markp80
    markp80 Posts: 444
    Hey, whats the problem. its only following UK employment law disclipinary process (sort of)

- and gross misconduct = instant dismissal
    Boardman Road Comp - OK, I went to Halfords
    Tibia plateau fracture - the rehab continues!
  • MarkP80 wrote:
    Hey, whats the problem. its only following UK employment law disclipinary process (sort of)

- and gross misconduct = instant dismissal

Yes. My post was flippant.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    iainf72 wrote:

No wonder he gave me the big evils when I was booing Hamilton.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    iainf72 wrote:

When was that?
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Jez mon wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:
    When was that?
    It was a lunchtime in Nando's. Rick's not allowed to go there any more.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • This forum does provide quality anecdotes, have to say

Looking forward to this one...