Site-wide Doping Amnesty

Nick Fitt
Nick Fitt Posts: 381
edited January 2013 in Pro race
Now the racing has 'started' can we just move on and focus on the racing? Sans doubt its an intoxicating subject but its fucking depressing and done to death too :cry: I think all the mags are looking forwards to the coming season (save the Oprah shite), please can 'we' lets move on :wink:

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    Nick Fitt wrote:
    Now the racing has 'started' can we just move on and focus on the racing? Sans doubt its an intoxicating subject but its ******* depressing and done to death too :cry: I think all the mags are looking forwards to the coming season (save the Oprah shite), please can 'we' lets move on :wink:

You are Pat McQuaid and I claim my £5 :wink:

But good luck with this, especially with the Fuentes trial just starting, Armstrong rumbling on and on and the UCI independent commission working away.....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Nick Fitt
    Nick Fitt Posts: 381
    Fair enough, Im finding it all a bit tedious. Nowt to be said or done but move on tbh. Cycling racing is bigger than this spate of shite(s).
  • LutherB
    LutherB Posts: 544
    +1 It is depressing and makes me wonder why i love the sport so much. I feel like i should only be looking out for the lantern rouge in each competition but now i'm suspicious there may be Performance Dis-Enhancing Drugs to lower haemocrit levels in order to win that.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Nick Fitt wrote:
    Now the racing has 'started' can we just move on and focus on the racing? Sans doubt its an intoxicating subject but its ******* depressing and done to death too :cry: I think all the mags are looking forwards to the coming season (save the Oprah shite), please can 'we' lets move on :wink:

I hope we can do this too but then with this sport we are only ever a few days away from someone or something linking us back to doping.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    Nick Fitt wrote:
    Cycling racing is bigger than this spate of shite(s).

unfortunately I don't think it is

I share your pain
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Trev The Rev
    Trev The Rev Posts: 1,040
    Nick Fitt wrote:

No we should not move on. That is what the dopers want you to do. They want you to move on and pretend.

The hard cold truth is the only way to keep the conversation away from doping is for the top pros to stop doping. You have them, the coaches, doctors, the team owners and the authorities to thank for the never ending stream of doping news overshadowing the racing.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    Can;t we just stick to racing chat in the racing threads, and if you want to talk about doping do it in the doping threads? As long as they are appropriately titled you shouldnt have a problem with avoiding them.

Also what if another big scandal emerges or a high profile rider gets busted, you can't just ignore it. Frank's decision is supposedly along soon for example...