The Kids Are Allright!

Nick Fitt
Nick Fitt Posts: 381
edited January 2013 in Pro race
Seems like a decent start to me anyway. Geraint annihilated the finish TDU and Cavs win too, all bodes well for British riders so far anyway!

Comments

• Why do you think there is a TDU SPOILER thread? And fyi its spelt alright.
  • Nick Fitt
    essexeagle wrote:
    Why do you think there is a TDU SPOILER thread? And fyi its spelt alright.

Sorry, I didn't realise Cav was in the TDU. Whats he got? a fucking tardis! I was quite chuiffed to see two Brit riders start the year well. Deary me, holier than though, lighten up alrroit :wink:
  • Perhaps a morning cuppa and a biccie to lighten the mood in this thread this morn?

*hops over to TDU thread to discuss G BOSSING it
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    You re new here Nick so just a heads up - People get very angry when you put spoilers in threads that are unmarked, you need to give it at least a few days. Keep the race discussions in the race spoiler threads.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Nick Fitt
    Thats it, I'm not playing any more, dont get it! Folk write what the fuck they like where they like and when they like about doping but racing has to be pigeon holed away. Never really got the logic of these forums before and obviously still dont! Fink I shall stick to the mags! I wanted to share some enthusiasm for two early season wins, just in one place! Seriously what are people waiting for? A telegram from the rider to say how they got on? Carrier pigeon perhaps? Never mind, no need to answer that ;-)
  • FWIW Nick, I agree, I think the Kids are Alright...(nods to The Who)
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,177
    It's hardly as though there is extensive highlight coverage for these two races so I'm not quite sure why people are getting so shirty about spoilers. You could even watch the San Luis coverage and not know who won (like the commentators!).
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    Pross wrote:
    It's hardly as though there is extensive highlight coverage for these two races so I'm not quite sure why people are getting so shirty about spoilers. You could even watch the San Luis coverage and not know who won (like the commentators!).

Aye, you could argue specific exceptions for races like San Luis (lower than low profile, based on that outstanding coverage!), but I think the main thing is, everyone's become used to the "House Rule" about always having "SPOILERS" in any thread mentioning race results. Just makes life a little bit easier for everyone, knowing which threads to avoid if you're waiting to watch recorded highlights or similar.

Though it can sometimes be a PITA remembering it, I think on balance it makes for a happier forum sticking to the little bit of forum etiquette - it's not like this is a forum bound by hundreds of stupid little rules. Well, apart from all the unwritten ones ;)
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    To answer your question NIck - no one notices an article is out, but records it, saves it for later and then views it without knowing the result to maintain the surprise
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    essexeagle wrote:
    Why do you think there is a TDU SPOILER thread? And fyi its spelt alright.

And FYI, 'fyi' should be in capitals :P
  • hommelbier
    hommelbier Posts: 1,555
    Guess I'll still watch the stage 2 TDU highlights on RAI Sport2 this evening even though I know the result.