Reba RL 2011 damping rod... plunger?

WhipIt
WhipIt Posts: 52
edited January 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi All,

I'm servicing my 2011 Reba RLs for the second time. Upon removing my lowers, I see this:

8405372401_e3630ab24a_c.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/92483076@N04/8405372401/

I'm pretty sure that plunger thing on the damping rod isn't supposed to be there - I don't remember it from last time, can't see it on any youtube videos and it isn't in SRAM tech docs.

Did I do something stupid last time? Have I got something the wrong way round, or is this just an obscure variant?

Thanks!

Comments

• warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    Looks like a bottom-out bumper. They usually fasten inside the lowers when you open it up, your's obviously decided not to. Nothing to worry about.

Edit: look down inside the spring-side leg and there should be another.
  • WhipIt
    That makes a lot of sense, thanks! I'll have a look at it again when i get in.

One other cheeky question - the port in the bottom of the moco damper has about 10deg of rotational play in it (pushloc). is this normal? I don't want it to be slightly closed!
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    WhipIt wrote:
    That makes a lot of sense, thanks! I'll have a look at it again when i get in.

One other cheeky question - the port in the bottom of the moco damper has about 10deg of rotational play in it (pushloc). is this normal? I don't want it to be slightly closed!

is that with the Pushloc fully open ?
  • WhipIt
    Thanks again Warpcow, I had a look at the air spring leg and the bumper is there (and missing from the damping leg).

DCR00: Yes, it's fully open. It's actually poploc (never did know which was which) so the spring is holding it open quite firmly.