iPad info???

irvs
irvs Posts: 204
edited March 2013 in The hub
Heya evening everyone, I'm thinking of getting an iPad but I'm wondering which one I should go for, please help????

Thanks Neil.

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Always the latest one

Go small capacity if you steam most stuff.

Go wifi only if you have a ?g-wifi phone.
  • irvs
    I've a iPhone 4S, though with most places now doing free wifi I doubt I'd need to use my phone as a wifi source. Is it worth the extra money to get say the 32G version over the 16G, oh and what is the latest version besides the silly small version???

Thanks Neil.
  • Depends what you are going to be using it for to be honest. 16gig is fine if you just use the internet, are into streaming all your media via your home server media streaming thingie and have constant access to a web connection.

If you like to carry a series of your favourite tv program for long train journeys and a few gigs worth of tunes then id go for the 32 gig as minimum. Its scary how fast it builds up.

My brother has the ipad3. I just got the ipad2 for christmas. After some research it seems the 2 is the best value at the moment. The retina display is nice on the 3 but if you dont have it you certainly wont be missing it. The 3&4 are quicker, but again not noticeably so.

If money isnt a problem then as said, you are better off getting the latest version. However, if you dont want to fork out top whack then get the 2 or a 16 g 3 maybe.

I dunno how good the 3g is on the ipads so cant comment on that. (If you dont have 3g then get larger memory for times when you are not in a wifi zone so you can still have your tunes and video)

There is an ipad 5 due out sometime soon. As with all apple things there will be stealth releases (like the ipad4) and you will never be fully up to date unless you have money to burn.

My advice is get what you can afford. Go for 32 gig min because its scary how small 16 is once you have your media on there. Get wifi only, unless you are taking it everywhere with you at all times and you need net access. To be honest its too big to carry around the streets and in bars (your iphone will cope with all that malarky). I would also get a refurbished one from the apple store online. You save a decent amount of money for a fully working perfect condition pad with the same warranty and assurance as a new one. Its a no brainer in my book.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    I have a iPhone 4S and an iPad 2

dont see the point of the iPhone 5 or the small iPad. would not get a iPad with a network card as it could be connected to a suitable phone for net access if needed.

both my phone and pad are 16Gb as is my nano.

have fun.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • irvs
    Cheers lads for the info.

Neil.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    got the ipad 4 - its sweet. I'm not techy so i dont know about value - but its got a crackin camera
  • mum has a galaxy tab, dad has an ipad.

Prefer the galaxy.
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Nexus either 7 or the new 10 could be the way forward.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    I bought the Nexus 7 and love it. But sending this from an iPad :roll:
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    nicklouse wrote:
    I have a iPhone 4S and an iPad 2

dont see the point of the iPhone 5 or the small iPad. would not get a iPad with a network card as it could be connected to a suitable phone for net access if needed.

both my phone and pad are 16Gb as is my nano.

have fun.

wife has a 4s, I have a 5. I went for a 5 because I got more for my phone in trade in. Battery life is way, way better than a 4s,its a bit faster and the screen aspect is better for watching TV and vids.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500