Genesis Croix de Fer

2»

Comments

• snipsnap
    snipsnap Posts: 259
    Lovely, Monday can't come soon enough now!

Look like chromoplastics to me also!
  • I bet! Just been out on her. Great fun!

Enjoy yours , cheers!
  • snipsnap
    snipsnap Posts: 259
    Unfortunately involved in a smidsy incident this morning on my commute. Pretty sore, but the rear wheel took the brunt of the impact and is pretty much a write off.

Mechanic (great guy @ harry halls in manchester) informed me that the alexrims are discontinued so he suggested building some wheels up from mavic rims. Obviously will need to replace both. Spoke with the other party and all should be sorted. Mavic rims a good option for strength and weight?
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Dunno. But H Plus Sons archetypes (32h) are great.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,266
    snipsnap wrote:
    Unfortunately involved in a smidsy incident this morning on my commute. Pretty sore, but the rear wheel took the brunt of the impact and is pretty much a write off.

Mechanic (great guy @ harry halls in manchester) informed me that the alexrims are discontinued so he suggested building some wheels up from mavic rims. Obviously will need to replace both. Spoke with the other party and all should be sorted. Mavic rims a good option for strength and weight?

I know Harry Hall shop very well... :cry:
    Assuming he is right about Alex rims... There are alternatives which do not involve replacing the spokes. One just has to check the ERD of the rim... There are rims available for all ERD.
    Yours are 23 mm rims! So maybe a Kinlin 240 available at Sdeals.com might just do the trick.
    There are other Alex rims at 23 mm too

EDIT: just realised the other party is paying... so yes, go for a full new build on Mavic Open PRO... go for the CD version which doesn't have the silver sidewall, but it is full matt grey, look the set I built above, they look great!
    left the forum March 2023