How do I tell strava that I was in a cable car ?

sev112
sev112 Posts: 99
edited January 2013 in Road general
So I now hold 4 king of mountains on strava
Unfortunately on each one I was in a cable car in Austria :(

How do I tell strava that all of last week's activities were skiing and cable car climbs ?

Comments

• tcm733
    tcm733 Posts: 61
    I think if you go to edit ride and change the type(ie ride) to skiing then it should fix it...i think.
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    just flag your ride - they'll remove it right away.
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021
    Just delete them from Strava
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac
  • ADIHEAD
    ADIHEAD Posts: 575
    If part of the ride was on bike and part cable car, then just 'crop' the ride. Happens all the time, I've had the emal of shame many times. Only to discover I've been beaten by several minutes and by the time I look for the guys ride it's already been deleted!
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    The genuine KOM will flag your ride soon enough....
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Lol. You'll have the USADA knocking on your door wanting to know where you got the EPO from, after your Strava says you were ascending at a rate of 500 vertical feet per minute.

Thomas Voeckler was on the phone, he wants his KOM back.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Tee hee, took the words from my mouth. Can you imagine having to live with the shame and an interview with Oprah where you fess all...
  • sev112
    Thanks
    Managed to edit them as Alpine Skiing, which should prevent the evening detention
    Presumably cos it's alpine skiing they must realise that the uphill bit is in the cable cars etc - don't want a load of gnarly touring skiers reporting me, they go upwards veeeeeeerrrrrrry slowly
  • More importantly, where abouts in Austria where you...?
    Still trying to convince the missus of the n+1 rule...!
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    sev112 wrote:
    Thanks
    Managed to edit them as Alpine Skiing, which should prevent the evening detention
    Presumably cos it's alpine skiing they must realise that the uphill bit is in the cable cars etc - don't want a load of gnarly touring skiers reporting me, they go upwards veeeeeeerrrrrrry slowly
    Skiradar.com phoned. Want to know wtf you think you're doing, cheating on their best climb...
  • sev112
    More importantly, where abouts in Austria where you...?

St anton, skiing with the mrs and daughter

Watched some of the Europa Cup (second level below FIS World Cup level) practising on the race piste - my god the speed and bravery of these people - astonishingly when you see them go past you on a steep sheet of ice at 75 to 80 mph with nothing but a thin bit of Lycra to protect them