Giro Shoes, cleat plate stuck

rogan
rogan Posts: 56
edited March 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello all

I got some new Giro shoes this weekend (gauge) and have found that the cleat mounting plate (that moves up and down the shoe) is 'glued' to the sole layer above, theres one other post I can find on the net about it that says if you tighten up the cleats then loosen them and give it a good push/wiggle it'll just come free

This has worked on one of my shoes but the other is really really stuck to the point where ive started to damage the carbon sole from tightening the cleat too much in effort to loose it

I bought the shoes from the madison shop in the london bike show so I don't know if/where i can return them

Any ideas of how to loosen it..?

Comments

• mister p
    mister p Posts: 405
    If they are faulty then yes you can return them. Your receipt has an e-mail and a telephone number on it.
  • MBShick
    MBShick Posts: 1
    Okay, so this was from almost 4 years ago, but it was the first result I stumbled across when researching this issue, so I thought I might be able to help someone else. I found this solution by myself: Just mount the cleats loosely, put the shoes on, straddle your bike, and clip in one foot and then the other. My plates were stuck toward the back of the slots, so I tilted my heel down and used my [considerable] weight to loosen them up. Only took a second on each shoe. You can apply much more power to the problem this way than you can by trying to break them loose by hand. Now my cleats are fully adjustable as needed.

Hope someone finds this suggestion useful.