Road Bike Insurance

Soni
Soni Posts: 1,217
edited January 2013 in Road general
I would really love to get a Trek Madone at the end of May, not for the weight advantage of CF, but due to the looks, however im worried about frame failure either by fatigue under the stress of my weight or by accident.

I realise there will be a lot of carbon is a lot stronger than people think responses, but that wont help me, I would like to hear from those who have had bike insurance cover and successfully managed to make a claim when their frame failed or those who were not able to.

I have M&S home insurance and took it out a couple of years ago just before they reduced the cover for bikes, but even though you have it in black and white that they are covered for accidental damage and away from home etc., how many actually follow through and pay out?

I wouldnt be able to afford a replacement frame if it failed and this is therefore a certain deal breaker for me whether I get one or not.....

Comments

• Think they would class use of the frame whilst riding as wear & tear as opposed to accidental damage which would cover if something accidentally happened to the bike such as it coming over the roof rack (naming no names but you know who you are).

M&S cover is still pretty good, but think you are looking at some sort of an extended warranty over the manufacturers for fatigue.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • Soni
    Soni Posts: 1,217
    Think they would class use of the frame whilst riding as wear & tear as opposed to accidental damage which would cover if something accidentally happened to the bike such as it coming over the roof rack (naming no names but you know who you are).

M&S cover is still pretty good, but think you are looking at some sort of an extended warranty over the manufacturers for fatigue.

I was thinking more along the lines of crashing? As opposed to fatigue.....