Will anyone confess?

LittlePlums
LittlePlums Posts: 139
edited January 2013 in Road beginners
Will anyone confess to naming their bike(s)?

If so, what is he/she called?
Pride and joy: Bianchi Sempre
Commuting hack: Cube Nature

Comments

• MattyyP
    MattyyP Posts: 142
    I named mine Bruce, i'm still yet to figure out why... But it just seems right... Never named either of my MTBs though... I guess I love my road bike more! :lol:
    Specialized Secteur Sport 2011
    B'Twin Rockrider 8 XC
    B'Twin Rockrider 9.1
  • I have 5 bikes and I will confess that one of them has a name, Peggie.

It is my most expensive bike and it was bought with my inheritance money from when my mum died.

Need I say more?
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Nope, none of mine have names - although when I had a bespoke classic lugged tourer built for me by Mark Reilly at Enigma I made up my own model name for it. Taking my cue from the company's other model names that all begin with 'E' - Ethos, Etape etc. - I called mine an Elgar. It seemed appropriate. Not only was it very English, having been made right here in Sussex, it was also a Variation on an Enigma...
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    My defy is Gladys and my roubaix is Mavis ...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    My Coppi is called...Coppi
  • OK, my hybrid is called Alex, cos although I like the name my wife refused to give it to any of our children.

My road bike is Gabriella, who I envisage as my Italian mistress. She's a curvy brunette.

I may have issues!
    Pride and joy: Bianchi Sempre
    Commuting hack: Cube Nature
  • My old Hardtail is called Eric because its a Viking
    My Road bike is called Sandstrom ( you need to be a 'Hyperdrive' fan)

I too have issues :oops:
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • richsieb
    richsieb Posts: 137
    Svetlana, after Svetlana Zakharova the Russian Ballerina. Why I heard you ask? Because my bike is a milano, and Milano is also the name of a company that make leotards. I thought it was quite clever tbh... :oops: :roll:
  • My Storck is Marge
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Mine is called Mainey after the wife.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • One of my bikes is called Toomuchtime & the other is called Timeonetheirhandstwad
  • Hoopdriver wrote:
    Elgar. .........Variation on an Enigma...

I see what you did there :D
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    I named my Cervelo "R5", and my Moda "Stretto", i dont know were i thought of them names :roll: :roll:
  • My cdf is 'blue steel' because it's blue and made of steel. I also love 'Zoolander'
  • Only a man would name an inanimate object, 99% of the time a female name.

The reason men do this is because they have no actual female in their lives so want to do their machines instead.

Unless you have a boat - which you HAVE to name, or inherit the name it is beyond sad to start naming your car or bike IMO.

Just annoyed with myself that I have fed this cretinous troll - LOL
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    My Boardman is called Chris.Weird.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • johnny25
    johnny25 Posts: 344
    Only a man would name an inanimate object, 99% of the time a female name.

The reason men do this is because they have no actual female in their lives so want to do their machines instead.

Unless you have a boat - which you HAVE to name, or inherit the name it is beyond sad to start naming your car or bike IMO.

Just annoyed with myself that I have fed this cretinous troll - LOL

Oh do stop being so wet!

I find it sad when a pet or another person I know dies.

I called by bike Daphne. My wife thinks I need help.
  • Mikey23
    I have always thought of bikes as female. I am a bit of a Francophile and they give them female gender. I believe bikes are affectionately known over there as la petite reine or the little queen...
  • Bwgan
    Bwgan Posts: 389
    Mines called striped horse after its zebra paint job! Just need some decals if anyone knows of anywhere :lol:
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    One of my bikes is called Toomuchtime & the other is called Timeonetheirhandstwad
    I take it that you thought better of your ill-informed comment earlier but there is a long tradition of men naming almost every sort of vehicle under the sun. I would love to see even the flimsiest bit of evidence to suggest that any, let alone most of these men didn't have a woman in their lives.
  • Mikey23
    Missus sends hugs ...
  • typekitty
    typekitty Posts: 188
    Mine is named Sparky. Last one was Oli, short for Oleg (Viking brand).
  • sancho_uk
    sancho_uk Posts: 141
    I havent named my Focus Cayo yet.. Although I am thinking "Olga" or "Hanz" as its made in Germany...

I do however quite sadly everytime I see it say "Guten Morgen/Arbent", Good Morning / Good Afternoon in German
    Focus Cayo 2.0 Ultegra 2012
  • i have often been told by friends to stop being so fcuking lazy and get out and ride the bitch….so…..henceforth the bike is now called ….
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    Have a Felt called Fifi, Surly called Bowie and Giant named Burglar Bill.

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    No, 'cause its a bike !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Strith
    Strith Posts: 541
    My winter trainer is called ginger spice and my snazzy bike is called posh spice. Theyre both fun to ride though.
  • Orange five called kylie and a cr1 called Dannii
  • alidaf
    alidaf Posts: 147
    I hadn't named my bike but just decided to name it now. My red Wilier Granturismo shall henceforth be known as my 'Big Red Willy'.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,610
    Suzy Soda
    Ribecca Ribble

Me and my old riding buddies (Wilma Whyte, Roxy Rigid etc) used to do it - the idea being to give them the chaviest, but alliterate, names we could think of

If it Get a 29er from Canyon I'm thinking of Candy or Cindi
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver