Quick Hello!

Manguish
Manguish Posts: 6
edited January 2013 in Road beginners
Howdy folks.

Quick intro as I've lurked here long enough...

Been a casual MTB rider since forever. I've never ridden, never mind owned a road bike....

Until now...

I'm the owner of this : http://goo.gl/WvkBo

Took delivery today, and well happy.

Got some look keo pedals and Scott premium road shoes. http://goo.gl/xp0nW

Should be interesting having never ridden clipless! Seems easy enough in the living room. Finding the difficulty getting IN, not out.....?!

Just need the weather to clear up and get out!

Comments

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Welcome, Very nice bike for a first road bike.

Take it steady out there riding is treacherous at the moment, and you do now Carbon bikes melt in the wet :D
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    hi and welcome,and thats a luvly bike you have...congrats.
    Like the rest of you will be climbing the walls waiting to get out and ride.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • That's a nice bike there. Didn't you know it was the law to start at a Triban 3 :D

Enjoy mate. Hope this icy weather clears soon so we can all get back to safe cycling.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    That's a nice bike there. Didn't you know it was the law to start at a Triban 3 :D

Enjoy mate. Hope this icy weather clears soon so we can all get back to safe cycling.

Crikey I ve been riding 30 years , and I ve still got a Triban 3.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    If you haven't already, reduce the tension release in the pedal (will make for easier entry/exit) while you're getting used to them.
    Remember to un-clip, *before* you need to! You probably won't at least once.
    Enjoy. :-)
    Cycling weakly
  • mwf28
    mwf28 Posts: 37
    Wow! Nice bike ,,,It takes a brave man to go out in this weather on such a new nice bike and never used clip in SPD and shoes before ....I would practice on a nice quite road near your home first,Somewhere were a garden fence is near,to balance as you practise unclipping ,clipping in is the easy part ,its the unclipping i had to practice..Just be very alert your first time out on the road,,,?
  • nick1972
    nick1972 Posts: 144
    Welcome to the forum. Lovely bike.. I was the same when I first used clipless pedals, I found clipping in harder than clipping out. Lets hope the weather clears up soon. Enjoy riding..
  • Finlaz22
    Finlaz22 Posts: 169
    Nice bike! Half of us have been riding for some time and are jealous, says something. Enjoy
  • Azhar
    Azhar Posts: 247
    Hello and welcome! Excellent looking bike, insanely jealous. You will get used to the clipless pedals. It took me a while and the, if it helps, the technique I use is the left foot always remains clipped in, I never take it off and the right foot is the one I use to clip out and stand on when I'm at traffic etc. you'll be fine, practice makes perfect.