Trying saddles out?

shdaxner
shdaxner Posts: 249
edited January 2013 in Commuting chat
So, im in the market for a new saddle as i dont get on with the one that came on my Canyon Roadlite (Selle Italia X1) and i have really no idea where to start....i have a few currently on my mind which im thinking of (Fizik Arione, brooks B17 and swallow or Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow) i just need abit of help making my mind up, what i would really like is a shop either in my area - Bradford or the UK that offers a service like this so i can try a couple out before i commit, i have had a look but dont seem to be able to find anything like it.

Does anybody know of a store/website that offers a service like this?

Stefan

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    shdaxner wrote:
    So, im in the market for a new saddle as i dont get on with the one that came on my Canyon Roadlite (Selle Italia X1) and i have really no idea where to start....i have a few currently on my mind which im thinking of (Fizik Arione, brooks B17 and swallow or Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow) i just need abit of help making my mind up, what i would really like is a shop either in my area - Bradford or the UK that offers a service like this so i can try a couple out before i commit, i have had a look but dont seem to be able to find anything like it.

Does anybody know of a store/website that offers a service like this?

Stefan

I can't help but I can say I love my Flite Gel Flow. Its not the Max version though.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    you need to figure out how wide your seat bones are. You can sit on a piece of foam and measure the indents and choose saddle width accordingly. This will help narrow down your search if you havent already done it.
  • Specialized do a try out service & chevin cycles (otley) have a similar one I think it's with fizik, there's a specialized shop in harrogate ( insist on getting your sit bones measured).
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Search the forum as someone just set a company up to do exactly this.
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Specialized do a try out service & chevin cycles (otley) have a similar one I think it's with fizik, there's a specialized shop in harrogate ( insist on getting your sit bones measured).

Bought a Romin, got measured, so far so good!

Before anyone buys a Fizik Arione check this out :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X39e4V-BZjE

* Yes I'm aware its not entirely an independent test...
  • shdaxner
    shdaxner Posts: 249
    coriordan wrote:
    Search the forum as someone just set a company up to do exactly this.

Aaah, thanks coriordan, just searched and found said topic try a saddle and got in touch via the website, sounds like exactly what i was looking for.

Cheers again.