Bikebox Limited

xray72
xray72 Posts: 7
edited January 2013 in MTB general
I'm about to buy a santa cruz Tallboy LT via website Bikeboxltd.webs.com. Anybody who has bought a bike from these guys??

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    From here?
    http://bikeboxltd.webs.com/

I would be very wary. All the prices are listed in US$. For a UK co? Seriously? Scam all the way, you'll probably pay someone in Indonesia via Western Union or something.

From that website:

BIKE BOX LIMITED is one of the Best Selling Bike Distributor.We are Legitimate
    registered Company. We ship via UPS, and your ordered items will get to your door step within 48 hrs(Two Working Day).We sell all kinds Cannondale, Cervelo, Ellsworth, Giant, Jamis, Klein, Kona, Litespeed, Rocky Mountain, SantaCruz, Specialized, Trek, Gary Fisher bikes.

Terrible English - bad sign.

Testimonials from 'customers', All illiterate?

Testimonials

Quotes You delivery was very fast...you are great..i promise to get you many buyers Quotes
    Rule Asselin
    Trek 2009 Madone 6.5 Bike

Quotes Hello.. Can i get another model of the bicycles i order becox a friend of mine want to order again from you... Quotes
    Carlton C. Deputy
    Can i get another model of the bicycles i order

Quotes Woow...your prices was very good and i couldn't belive it until i get my bike i order from you ..Thanks Quotes
    Milan Tureček
    Orange 2009 Five SE Bike

Quotes Hi ..thx for your delivery ..i will order some next month Quotes
    Tammy R. Boulanger
    Re:2012 Kona Honzo" Hardtail Bike

From the website:

Name & Registered Office:
    BIKE BOX ALAN LTD

ADDRESS:42 WHISTON VALE, WHISTON, ROTHERHAM,

STATE:SOUTH YORKSHIRE,

ZIP CODE:S60 4JJ,

Company No. 07552286

Email us at: bikeboxltd@gmail.com.
    :bikeboxltd@hotmail.co.uk

Gmail and Hotmail addresses - bad sign for a business.

But the biggest problem is the Co number, registered address etc belong to

http://bikeboxalan.co.uk/

Which actually does look like a legitimate co.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    I would avoid.

Even though they are apparently great.
  • cooldad
    Good summary.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Stinks of scam...
  • No phone number. It's almost certainly dodgy and reads like a Nigerian scam email.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    There's a phone number but it's a mobile... photos of their "showroom" show no sign of any of the bikes they claim to have either.

Also supposedly they're based in Surrey on one page, but then say the registered office is in Sheffield.

Anyway their address seems to be claiming they're linked to bikeboxalan.co.uk which is most likely going to be a load of BS as I believe the bike box alan people are meant to be a reputable company who make decent and pricey bike boxes and like to chuck them out of the back of cars to show how great they are.
  • cooldad
    There's a guy who sets up 'companies' with the same name as ours and owns a website with a similar name . Cons people then moves. Been liquidated a few times and I think he was on Watchdog - we regularly get calls from people who have been conned and think we have their money.
    Hard to do anything about it.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Stu Coops
    Stu Coops Posts: 426
    Amazed me the OP needed to ask.. :shock: :shock:
    Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB
  • cooldad
    Intellectual giants - they've even spammed complaintsboard.com.
    http://www.complaintsboard.com/complain ... 86964.html
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • xray72
    sounds all pretty suspicious indeed!!!
    thanks for you opinion!!

cooldad wrote:
    From here?
    http://bikeboxltd.webs.com/

I would be very wary. All the prices are listed in US$. For a UK co? Seriously? Scam all the way, you'll probably pay someone in Indonesia via Western Union or something.

From that website:

BIKE BOX LIMITED is one of the Best Selling Bike Distributor.We are Legitimate
    registered Company. We ship via UPS, and your ordered items will get to your door step within 48 hrs(Two Working Day).We sell all kinds Cannondale, Cervelo, Ellsworth, Giant, Jamis, Klein, Kona, Litespeed, Rocky Mountain, SantaCruz, Specialized, Trek, Gary Fisher bikes.

Terrible English - bad sign.

Testimonials from 'customers', All illiterate?

Testimonials

Quotes You delivery was very fast...you are great..i promise to get you many buyers Quotes
    Rule Asselin
    Trek 2009 Madone 6.5 Bike

Quotes Hello.. Can i get another model of the bicycles i order becox a friend of mine want to order again from you... Quotes
    Carlton C. Deputy
    Can i get another model of the bicycles i order

Quotes Woow...your prices was very good and i couldn't belive it until i get my bike i order from you ..Thanks Quotes
    Milan Tureček
    Orange 2009 Five SE Bike

Quotes Hi ..thx for your delivery ..i will order some next month Quotes
    Tammy R. Boulanger
    Re:2012 Kona Honzo" Hardtail Bike

From the website:

Name & Registered Office:
    BIKE BOX ALAN LTD

ADDRESS:42 WHISTON VALE, WHISTON, ROTHERHAM,

STATE:SOUTH YORKSHIRE,

ZIP CODE:S60 4JJ,

Company No. 07552286

Email us at: bikeboxltd@gmail.com.
    :bikeboxltd@hotmail.co.uk

Gmail and Hotmail addresses - bad sign for a business.

But the biggest problem is the Co number, registered address etc belong to

http://bikeboxalan.co.uk/

Which actually does look like a legitimate co.
  • ha ha, for what its worth, 42 whiston way, is a private home address, (quite nice too, searched via google maps) certainly doesnt look like a bike shop.

though of course it could just be a home office type thing. But i'd avoid if in doubt, its not like your struggling for places to buy the bike from.
  • cooldad
    Any way sent a quick email off to the real company.
    Lots of companies have registered addresses like that - generally the accountants or compny secretary.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • xray72
    Yeah is too good to be true...thanks
    Angry Bird wrote:
    There's a phone number but it's a mobile... photos of their "showroom" show no sign of any of the bikes they claim to have either.

Also supposedly they're based in Surrey on one page, but then say the registered office is in Sheffield.

Anyway their address seems to be claiming they're linked to bikeboxalan.co.uk which is most likely going to be a load of BS as I believe the bike box alan people are meant to be a reputable company who make decent and pricey bike boxes and like to chuck them out of the back of cars to show how great they are.
  • xray72
    will do....
    cooldad wrote:
    Any way sent a quick email off to the real company.
    Lots of companies have registered addresses like that - generally the accountants or compny secretary.
  • cooldad
    I've already done it.
    Bit bored tonight, so I've also banged off an email asking if I can come and try some out for size.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    42 Whiston Vale is indeed a valid address in a nice-ish area of Rotherham.But nowt to do with the scammer I'd wager.
    I might drive there tomorrow and knock on the door it's only 10 mins from me 8)
  • cooldad wrote:
    I've already done it.
    Bit bored tonight, so I've also banged off an email asking if I can come and try some out for size.

maybe you'll get a reply from xray72 :wink:
  • xray72
    nice one....amazing, still can't believe these fu...heads!
    any suggestions where i can make a good deal on santacruz bikes? i'm living in france so need to do it online....
    cooldad wrote:
    I've already done it.
  • xray72
    if you do so please let me know how this turns out.....
    ibbo68 wrote:
    42 Whiston Vale is indeed a valid address in a nice-ish area of Rotherham.But nowt to do with the scammer I'd wager.
  • cooldad
    ibbo68 wrote:
    Er as I said earlier, that is the registered address of the legitimate company. So you'll be knocking on an accountants door.
    cooldad wrote:
    Lots of companies have registered addresses like that - generally the accountants or company secretary.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    If you look at the Testimonials section; the bikes sold pre date the company incorporation date... Assuming the bikes sold where new.

Also, their SIC code is 16240 and stated to be manufacturer of wooden containers