Winchester/ Southampton area weekday rides

btiratsoo
btiratsoo Posts: 204
edited January 2013 in Road beginners
Alright people

I am a semi newbie to road riding and am looking for people to ride with during the week. I work offshore on 28 day rotations so have lots of time off. If anyone from Southampton/ Winchester area fancies getting together regualrly let me know. Average between 14 and 16mph. Nothing formal. Guys and gals.

Ben

Comments

• marcusww
    marcusww Posts: 202
    Hi can do weekends only as work in the week, I ride South Downs Winchester / Clanfield / New Alresford areas usually and live near Bishops Waltham. Will be riding weekeday evevings when days get longer. If you do any weekends let me know?
    Marcus
  • btiratsoo
    Alright Marcus

Weekends I can get out for an hour or two at the moment, longer in the summer. I'll be game for some evening rides in the summer time. Went out today, lovely day and most of the roads were clear. Some of the back lanes round Owselbry were still icy. Off to Old Winchester Hill tomorrow. PM me your email and I'll drop you a message.

Ben
  • Why don't you ride with Venta. Shared a house years ago with a guy who was in one of their racing teams ....... I was still rugby and cricket in those days. All very friendly and don't forget club rides are for all, you may go slow up a hill, some may go fast. But you regroup or agree to split the ride.
  • btiratsoo
    I have checked out their website and club runs are at weekends. I'm game for that but was also seeing if anyone else was about during the week. Maybe some other work similar rotation to me - 28 days on/ 28 days off.

Ben
  • marcusww
    marcusww Posts: 202
    Message to gbr1, I got your pm but as I am new to this site it won't let me pm anyone at the mo so yes am interested in weekend rides and will try to contact you somehow unless the mods undo the pm lock.

Marcus