Rockshocks how to use

markmark.123
markmark.123 Posts: 64
edited January 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Alrite everyone my new bike has com with rockshock sectors on it I was just wondering how you lock the hight ov them Down for when you are climbing
carrera kraken

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    For those who use English
    Alright everyone, my new bike has come with rockshock sectors on it, I was just wondering how you lock the height of them down for climbing
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    I don't think you do.
  • Look to see if there's a dial with a lock symbol on it on the top of the fork legs.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    That won't lock then down it'll lock them at near full extension
  • marz
    marz Posts: 130
    That'll be RockShox Sektors and I think the big blue dial with the arrow may be a clue...

p4pb7808906.jpg
  • Mine hasn't got the blue dial
    carrera kraken
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Blue dial is lockout, black is travel lockout (hint being the word travel on top of it), so does yours have the black dial?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    Mine hasn't got the blue dial

No lockout for you then...
  • No it only has the black travel dial
    carrera kraken
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    turn it to min and then give the forks a big bounce. You will notice they are now 30mm shorter than before.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.