Reverb help

mikeysickalrigh
mikeysickalrigh Posts: 246
edited January 2013 in MTB buying advice
I am looking to get a reverb for <£200. My post diameter is 30.9 and the only size for that price at our favourite DE site is 420mm with a 100mm drop.

My current post is 360mm, I will have 200mm of the post showing at full height (160mm in the frame)

And 80mm showing (280mm in the frame) when down

There is a 2011 model with a 380mm length and 125mm drop - so this would clearly be better to get for size. Are the 2011 versions much different to the current?

I really want to order one!

Comments

• sofaboy73
    sofaboy73 Posts: 574
    i can't remember what year they changged them slightly, but the ones with the silver collar are the olderr ones and the black collars are the newer mk2 model. there wasn't any radical changes iirc, mainly to do with how the hose connected to the post, were meant to be a little fragile on the older ones. I think they tried to take a little more of the play out of them as well

saying that i had an 'old' one and never had any real problems with it, it used to stick a little some times, but that was mainly due to me running my saddle as far back on the rails as it would go to get some more top tube space, and it used to put a lot of presseure on the front of the intrenals (if that makes sense). Have got a new one on a differnt bike and works well.

for the extra drop, and cheaper cost i'd have no issues going for the older one personally