Help?

stinger53
stinger53 Posts: 135
edited January 2013 in Road general
Hi,
I've got a bit of a problem when I'm am cycling while I'm at university at Ayr.
After about 10-15 miles of cycling my chest and lungs start to really hurt and continues to hurt for a while after.
But when I'm at home on the Shropshire/Welsh border I can do 50/60 miles fine and chest/lungs don't start to hurt at all.
Could it be the sea air?
I've been at uni at Ayr for 1 year and 4 months now but only been cycling up here for 4 months. and only got till 6th June till I finish my HND. but would like to do more than 15 miles.

Thanks

Comments

• smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Have you been to see a doctor? Might be a good start if it feels out of the ordinary.
  • stinger53
    No I haven't. I was going to go when I was back down home for Christmas but went out on my bike a lot while I was there. And felt fine so I didn't go.
  • stinger53
    Anyone got any ideas of why this may be?
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    No that is why you should see a doctor.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Something in the air?
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Cold air? (I got the same running outside last week, inside the gym I'm fine).

I'm no doctor though.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • stinger53
    i don't think it is cold air.
    was thinking perhaps its the salt?
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Clearly got the black lung, see doctor.
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    What's your accommodation in Ayr like?

As a student in Dundee I spent 2 years in a flat which smelled must and of damp. During that spell I developed exercise induced asthma. It lasted a few months after I left the flat. Then I resumed playing squash and it gradually disappeared only to emerge when I came across cats or lots of house dust.
  • stinger53
    Navrig wrote:
    What's your accommodation in Ayr like?

As a student in Dundee I spent 2 years in a flat which smelled must and of damp. During that spell I developed exercise induced asthma. It lasted a few months after I left the flat. Then I resumed playing squash and it gradually disappeared only to emerge when I came across cats or lots of house dust.
    i live in a private rented flat with no problems (no damp etc). and don't have asthma or any allergies.
  • stinger53
    i haven't been out cycling for a while in Scotland just on turbo trainer so will go out again soon and if it happens again i will find a doctor.