Professor Cleats School of lernin n stuff

Cleat Eastwood
Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
edited January 2013 in The bottom bracket
Ok well its not really, but you couldn't do better this year than treat yourself to a bit of self improvement,

The edx initiative have announced some courses for this year.

these are just a few

The Challenges of Global Poverty — living on under $1 a day, examining and overcoming poverty traps.
Justice — a global dialogue about the big moral and civic questions of our time.
The Ancient Greek Hero — amazing stories, poetry and songs from more than two millennia ago (intro level).
Copyright — who "owns" ideas in the US and beyond – you’ll find out in this pilot course (limited to 500 students).
Human Health and Global Environmental Change — climate change, biodiversity loss and their effect on billions of people.
Introduction to Statistics — an amazing, introductory course on the fundamentals and the science of drawing conclusions from data.
Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Computation — a remarkable intro course for students of all types.

Anyway EDX is an initiative between several uni's in the US to encourage online learning. It really is good fun - I finished one just before xmas and it was without doubt the hardest thing I've ever done - it was painting by numbers :lol:

Have a squizz - i'm goignt o be doing a few - even if you just want to fill in gaps in your knowledge or find out about something new (or old if your into grrrreek myths).

I gping to do do the quantum physics one - i'm nearly finished with my time travel machine - in fact i'm writing this next week. :lol:
The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.

Comments

• DrKJM
    DrKJM Posts: 271
    That's brilliant, thanks. Bookmarked.
  • DrKJM wrote:
    That's brilliant, thanks. Bookmarked.

If you want to aim for one you can get a certificate, which is nice, some courses are longer than others and, if you want to, you can be assessed, the online classes are massive - theres one, CS50 that has over 100,000 - I really recommend them, if only to get people away from the x-factor mind set.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.