struggling to upload pics

not-another-hillǃ
not-another-hillǃ Posts: 1,310
edited January 2013 in Your road bikes
Im really struggling to upload any pics.....what am I doing wrong?

Ive followed the instructions above but its not working.

I have the pictures on my flickr account, Ive copied the address properties and pasted it in between the Img tabs in this type of post, but when I preview it, it shows the photo hasnt loaded....

any ideas what Im doing wrong?

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Try it out and leave the post up, someone should be able to fix it ;-)
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    edited January 2013
    Probably copying the address that takes you to the flickr page that displays the pic, not the pic itself. If your address doesn't finish with an actual image file name it won't work: so it must finish .jpg, .png or similar.
    In Flickr specifically:
    - click on the picture you want. This will show take you to a page with an address like http://www.flickr.com/photos/76152181@N00/8188415984/, which will not work as it is not an image address
    - the trick is to click on the Actions button (top left of pic) and choose "view all sizes".
    - this takes you to a page showing you an image that you can right click on. You can also choose a different size - handy as big pics don't display properly on the forum.
    - right click on the image: this should get you to an address for the pic itself, e.g. in Chrome you can handily choose "copy image URL", in IE you have to choose "properties" then select & copy the image address from the box that pops up.
    - this should give you an address you can use like http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8339/8188415984_9e31a0feb8.jpg - note the .jpg ending.

which should look like:
    8188415984_9e31a0feb8.jpg

Try clicking on reply to this post to see what the code looks like.

Make sure your post winds up with the address in between and
  • You, Sir Bompington, are, as they say, a f00kin beauty!! :D

Ta muchly!
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    I thought the view all sizes thing had changed (well it has according to my Flikcr) hence I can never achieve the picture embeded in the post only a link to the flickr page ????

Edit: Forget that I had a stab at it following your instructions and got it sorted. :lol:

You need to select a size your happy with and then right click on the 'Download' text and 'Copy Shortcut' from the drop down box. As below

8188487984_9e7ca5c1b4_n_d.jpg
    Yellow is the new Black.