Newbie! 1st bike.. what do you think?

davidmiddleton
davidmiddleton Posts: 8
edited January 2013 in Road beginners
After looking at these forums for motivation for a little while I've decided to take the plunge and get my first road bike. After a bit of commuting on my hybrid I felt I wanted to upgrade and get more involved in the sport.

I'm picking up my Trek Madone 3.5 from the local store at the weekend (pic below). I fell in love with it as soon as I rode it, what do you guys think of it as a first road bike?

Hopefully these forums will continue to help me along the way!

Comments

• Nice bike.

Make sure you get plenty of cleaning stuff though white frame and this weather!
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • The only correct first bike is the one that the rider likes and can afford to buy, in addition to all of the other necessaries that they will need. Provided that you have the funds for tools, clothing and so on, enjoy your bike. :)
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    Its Rubbish, first road bikes should be a triban 3......

Joking ofc, looks nice...would look good parked to my zx6r....
  • Nice bike.

Make sure you get plenty of cleaning stuff though white frame and this weather!

Cheers. I'm down in the Channel Islands so luckily the weather isn't as bad. Will be keeping it sparkling though. They did have the black one but thought this looked very nice.
  • The only correct first bike is the one that the rider likes and can afford to buy, in addition to all of the other necessaries that they will need. Provided that you have the funds for tools, clothing and so on, enjoy your bike. :)

This stretched my budget but the store chucked in some Ultegra pedals and spare tires to the price. Just thought the component set upgrade from the 3.1 to the 3.5 warranted the extra £££'s. Along with the vouchers for a different store and the gear I've already got I should be ok. I do need some warmer clothes for this weather though!
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    First bikes are like babies. Some will say its gorgeous, some others may think its ugly as f*ck. But you will love it no matter what.

Hope you have a great time on it. Safe riding.
  • If it fits correctly...
    If you like the looks...
    If the components work to your liking...
    Then it's the right bike for you.