layback seatpost....BACKWARDS?

Rich_awakening
Rich_awakening Posts: 56
edited January 2013 in MTB general
Right, I have a Boardman HT Pro with a carbon seatpost and when changing the saddle at the weekend, I managed to mount it backwards....! Only issue is it feels great! Really comfortable and feels much quicker, probably because its pushing my weight forwards. However I am concerned that it might damage it anyone know for certain?

Thanks

Rich

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Can't see how it would. But surely an inline would have been better from the start?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Nope, won't do any damage, will just be a rather odd position. If it works for you then go nuts.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Sounds like the frame might be too big.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Indeed, if it's better moving you forward you should have bought the size smaller frame.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks guys I had come to the same conclusion but its a bit late now!! I would say that I was at no point uncomfortable with the previous set up and I changed a few things last weekend so may make no difference and was the other changes that made it quicker. But its it aint broke, don't fix it so as long as its not going to break the seat post I'll leave it where it is. Difference in the Medium/Large for the Boardman is only 1" and couldn't feel the difference when on it...