It kicked off over in Bottom Bracket

2»

Comments

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I find the advocating of drug use for recreational purposes abhorrent.
    What about tea or coffee?
    Ecstasy? A few well publicised deaths but considering how long it has been taken for and the amount of people who have taken it, it seems pretty safe.
    Marijooanna? No deaths ever directly attributed to it.
    Heroin? Pure heroin does no physical harm and going cold turkey to kick won't kill you.
    Alcohol? Many, many deaths and if you are addicted, stopping suddenly could kill you.

I know drugs is/was your thing in a professional sense (I don't mean that DDD is a drug dealer), but if the harm various drugs do to the body, alcohol and tobacco would never be legal but Weed and Es would.

What about taking drugs professionally e.g a wine taster? Is that still abhorrent to you?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Ecstasy? A few well publicised deaths but considering how long it has been taken for and the amount of people who have taken it, it seems pretty safe.
    Heroin? Pure heroin does no physical harm and going cold turkey to kick won't kill you.
    Alcohol? Many, many deaths and if you are addicted, stopping suddenly could kill you.

I know drugs is/was your thing in a professional sense (I don't mean that DDD is a drug dealer), but if the harm various drugs do to the body, alcohol and tobacco would never be legal but Weed and Es would.

What about taking drugs professionally e.g a wine taster? Is that still abhorrent to you?

Your being obtuse. We've been over this.

They may be all psychoactive. How they affect the brain is mostly different and to varying degrees.

I'll give you a pint of tea, a pint of coffee and the equivalent in weed, ecstasy, heroin, cigarettes and alcohol and we'll observe which has the more damaging and lasting effects.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    As for Kim Jong Richard's racism, I was told that he listens to hip hop so he can say the n-word while pretending to sing along to the lyrics.

He should pretend to be Eddie Murphy instead.

Pretty easy for him:

Eddie Murphy:
    KimJongIl-Fashion-Icon.jpg

Kim Jong (being bummed by Princess Fiona):
    eddie-murphy_3.jpg
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • EKE_38BPM
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

They may be all psychoactive. How they affect the brain is mostly different and to varying degrees.

I'll give you a pint of tea, a pint of coffee and the equivalent in weed, ecstasy, heroin, cigarettes and alcohol and we'll observe which has the more damaging and lasting effects.
    Lets talk in terms of doses.
    Cup of tea: Minimal effect - Minimal damage
    Cup of coffee: Some effect - Minimal damage
    One joint: Some effect - Minimal damage
    One ecstasy tablet: Effective - Minimal damage
    One dose of heroin: Effective - Minimal damage
    One cigarette: Some effect - Minimal damage
    One pint of beer: Effective - Minimal damage

Conclusion: One dose of just about any drug isn't very damaging. Repeated doses is where the potential problem is. I'm pretty sure we can agree on that.
    However, repeated doses (or 'cups' as users call it) won't do you much harm. Neither will pharmaceutical grade heroin, but street heroin isn't pure and its the additives which cause the harm. It is also addictive and this leads to the social problems of users committing crime to feed their addiction.

Also, addiction and craving isn't the same for all drugs. I've never heard of a smoker going on the game to buy a pack of Marlboro Lights.

Don't confuse the medical problems that drugs can cause with the social problems that addiction can lead to.

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    Whatever it is greg, it's all a big conspiracy. I think the new forum world order are involved.

You know, I was thinking about those looney tunes this morning. The BBC website has some stills of the heli crash this morning. One was taken from the top of the MI6 building. No doubt taken by the spotter who was guiding the aim of the bloke who brought the heli down with a SAM, obviously...
    I thought the same thing especially as no company has stepped forward and said "that was our chartered helicopter"....

Also Rich Chasey's new name is 'Kim Jong Richard' lol!

I'm so wronrey. ...

*So* racist.

For sure.

You can just tell he's one of those people who order in a Chinese restaurant in a mock Chinese accent.

If it weren't so appalling, it would be sad. But I refuse to allow sadness to overpower my complete and utter disgust at this evil racist bile!

Remember Rick: there is no defence of "joke" or "banter" or even of "making people sad".
    Is it racist to mimic different accents? If so which ones are on the banned list and why. I'm not great but usually have a go at the relevant accent to any anecdote. I also find myself unconsciously slipping into a copy if someone has a strong twang! I realise it can be used to bully or belittle but I don't think quoting a cartoon fits that criteria.
    Bianchi Nirone C2C FCN4
  • DonDaddyD
    Edit.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Drfabulous0
    Drfabulous0 Posts: 1,539
    I don't get it, isn't rule 7 something to do with sharp tan lines?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661

Forum rules.
  • DonDaddyD

My ego trip.
    FTFY.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Cigarettes and alcohol are far more likely to cause damage than ecstasy or heroin. You are profoundly ignorant on this subject, and this thread is basically shit-stirring.
  • EKE_38BPM
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Cigarettes and alcohol are far more likely to cause damage than ecstasy or heroin. You are profoundly ignorant on this subject, and this thread is basically shit-stirring.
    You think I'm shit-stirring?