Apology from Pinarello001

Gizmodo
Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
edited January 2013 in The bottom bracket
I have been locked out and as a result this is my only means of communication.

I regret my comments regarding the what I said about the Chinese. I was born in Kenya and went to an international school which was populated by people from all over the world and I have made life long friends with people from all races and nationalities, so my words did not reflect my true character.
My words and comments were fuelled by the current carnage that is being wreaked on the wildlife in Africa. This is an issue very close to my heart as my family have been involved in conservation for a very long time. My late Grandfather-in-law helped set up a game reserve on the coast of Kenya primarily for the preservation of the dwindling coastal elephants. I am furious about the acceleration of poaching and the un-necessary deaths of animals for greed and vanity.
However, this does not justify my actions and I apologise to those I have/may have offended (Desweller et al). I have enjoyed the past 5 or so years that I have been posting on the BR forum and I wish those who have perhaps got to know me in a different light than the one that I am cast in now, good luck, stay safe and keep pedalling.

For the mods:
I had printed an apology but it was deleted. Other people have said or implied things that are just as bad or worse than what I said but did not receive a ban. You have my e-mail address, I would very much appreciate some form of communication from you.

My opinions in no way reflect those of 'Gizmodo' and by association should not be labelled in any way due to my actions, there should be no consequence of him posting this apology on my behalf.

Pinarello001.

Comments

• Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Where was the reserve that your grandfather set up?
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Lagrange wrote:
    Don't hold your breath waiting for a reply. He has been banned. Remember?
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Hmm...............It would seem that i have missed something..
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Lagrange wrote:

Mine's in a very small and bespoke private bank in Switzerland in a numbered account... Mainly gold and art work really.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    It's usually easier to wait till your ban is finished.

Making duplicate accounts etc isn't going to endear yourself.
  • I didn't see the original post but having been to Kenya and seeing the obvious investment by the Chinese in infrastructure then hearing stories of poaching to feed the weird habits of the Far East does make your blood boil 8)

By the way how long is a ban?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Depends on how long they're banned for.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466

In the interests of natural justice cut him some slack Rick. I'm sure if he steps out of line again he knows he'll be looking at a lengthy sentence. Pinarello 0001 is an enthusiastic forum member and certainly part of the heart and soul that is Bottom Bracket. Perhaps he could do "Forum community service" instead such as having a signature line that says "Tom Boonen is the greatest living ccyclist".

Show some clemency and let him back. No-one would see it as a precedent and everyone would believe that the Mods do have a heart after all. Merry Christmas and Gawd bless ya'
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The ban was set at two weeks. I will now review that in light of the apology which is much appreciated.
  • Yellow Peril
    supersonic wrote:
    The ban was set at two weeks. I will now review that in light of the apology which is much appreciated.

Many thanks supersonic.
    @JaunePeril

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552

In the interests of natural justice cut him some slack Rick. I'm sure if he steps out of line again he knows he'll be looking at a lengthy sentence. Pinarello 0001 is an enthusiastic forum member and certainly part of the heart and soul that is Bottom Bracket. Perhaps he could do "Forum community service" instead such as having a signature line that says "Tom Boonen is the greatest living ccyclist".

Show some clemency and let him back. No-one would see it as a precedent and everyone would believe that the Mods do have a heart after all. Merry Christmas and Gawd bless ya'

^^^^^^^^This,99.9% of the time Pinarello adds value to this forum, we are all human we all make mistakes, I am sure Rick and Supersonic will do the right thing.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I have unbanned pinarello001 - if one of you kind souls could email him (would be quicker than me doing it!) to notify him, it would be much appreciated. The account should be fully active now.
  • Yellow Peril
    Many thanks supersonic your decision is much appreciated.

I'd email him but I think he's a tw@t and it would be hilarious if he sat sulking in that godforsaken country for another two weeks still thinking he was banned!
    @JaunePeril

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364

I'd email him but I think he's a tw@t and it would be hilarious if he sat sulking in that godforsaken country for another two weeks still thinking he was banned!

Cheers ! I can see the IOM from here. I'm going to try out my new slurry slingshot. Thought I had 2 weeks to finish it in peace. :wink:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Lagrange wrote:

Shimba Hills
  • Yellow Peril

Cheers ! I can see the IOM from here. I'm going to try out my new slurry slingshot. Thought I had 2 weeks to finish it in peace. :wink:

Good to have you back. :lol:
    @JaunePeril

• pinno
    Thanks for all your support BTW and MODS - I appreciate the ban being lifted. I will try to be a good boy.
    Its been nearly 3 weeks off the bike - Influenza, Noro Virus: lovely combination - lost 16.5kgs. (apologies to my OH: I do realise my mucus production was probably not becoming and i'll do my best to not make passes at you in my condition and fall asleep in the process). So I need to cycle to a pub and get blitzed on cocaine, guinness and find a lady of the night that has low standards to ease the frustration. Can anyone help me in that department ?
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Credit to the Mods. Now lets all try and "Behave ourselves" its a difficult job they do.

Cant you tell I reffed a Kids footy match on Sunday. :D
  • Yellow Peril
    tim wand wrote:
    Credit to the Mods. Now lets all try and "Behave ourselves" its a difficult job they do.

Cant you tell I reffed a Kids footy match on Sunday. :D

+1

TBH it's in everyone's best interest to un-ban Pina0001. The prospect of a metaphorical bUmming in the shower after his long and lonely "jail-time" was not a pleasant thought.
    @JaunePeril

• Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Lagrange wrote:

Shimba Hills
    But I thought he was preserving Coastal Elephants - not on the coast. I used to be a member of the Mombassa Club which comprises coastal elephants and we used gin to preserve ourselves. BTW the obituary uses the term Wazungu which is more correctly transalliterated as M'zungu.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Just catching up with this. Good apology , good reaction from mods.
    We're almost playing like grown ups on here tonight :D
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    I heard he's going on Oprah to drop us all in it.Can I just say Cleat made me take it.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • nevman wrote:
    I heard he's going on Oprah to drop us all in it.Can I just say Cleat made me take it.

Hope he doesn't do a 2 nighter like Oprah and lance arranged....erm mean ran outta time. :|
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,389
    Lagrange wrote:

Shimba Hills

I've stayed there! Back in 1993.
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    supersonic wrote:

And
    supersonic wrote:
    I have unbanned pinarello001 - if one of you kind souls could email him (would be quicker than me doing it!) to notify him, it would be much appreciated. The account should be fully active now.
    Best moderator on this website.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • pinno
    Lagrange wrote:
    Lagrange wrote:

Shimba Hills
    I used to be a member of the Mombassa Club which comprises coastal elephants and we used gin to preserve ourselves. BTW the obituary uses the term Wazungu which is more correctly transalliterated as M'zungu.

We used to stay at Twiga beach but apparently the coral was all dynamited to make way for a big hotel.
    Not the Mombassa club surely ?! All those shark jaws on the wall of the 'club house'. Some well preserved white elephants there watching the Dhows sail in :wink:
  • I never thought i'd see the day, a scotch man taking it up the chasey haha

An apology - you great fat hairy panty wearing scot - I hope your clan get you a pink kilt with frilly lacey bits for a sporran...a bit like mine

pink-kilt-guy.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • I never thought i'd see the day, a scotch man taking it up the chasey haha

An apology - you great fat hairy panty wearing scot - I hope your clan get you a pink kilt with frilly lacey bits for a sporran...a bit like mine

pink-kilt-guy.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thats just wrong but brave.
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Lagrange wrote:
    Lagrange wrote:

Shimba Hills
    I used to be a member of the Mombassa Club which comprises coastal elephants and we used gin to preserve ourselves. BTW the obituary uses the term Wazungu which is more correctly transalliterated as M'zungu.

We used to stay at Twiga beach but apparently the coral was all dynamited to make way for a big hotel.
    Not the Mombassa club surely ?! All those shark jaws on the wall of the 'club house'. Some well preserved white elephants there watching the Dhows sail in :wink:

...Good result alround.
    I went to Shimba Hills for a couple days when at the Africana Sea Lodge in 1996, was a fantastic place - watched many animals at the water hole during the night....

glad you're back BTW...
  • andi1363
    andi1363 Posts: 350
    When I saw the tittle, I thought this going to be about Halfords?