SDW 10 hour raid

TimothyH
TimothyH Posts: 22
edited July 2013 in MTB rides
I am planning a 10 hour attempt on the South Downs Way. I'm not planning a fixed date, but will wait for perfect weather and trail conditions sometime in April/May, and seize the moment. Would anybody like to come along?

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I'm also wanting to do it when the weather's good. Update here, may be around.
  • OK, will keep you posted. Anyone else?
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    I have heard mates say they want to organise something like this for this year. I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates nearer the time.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Weather is good, the Downs are dusty, anyone got any SDW plans?
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Was thinking about it again the other day actually! I'm pretty busy the next few weekends, but I'm wondering about June.
  • I'm thinking of this too, Winchester to Eastbourne. Maybe Monday 17th June? Start by 8am, 10 hours probably optimistic for me, though would leave more time for a drink by the beach!
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    Some friends of mine did this the other weekend - I 'only' rode the 50 or so miles from Winchester to Amberley as I was coaching the next day, and then got the train back, collected the car, and drove to Eastbourne to collect them later that evening! It was pretty brutal by all accounts...

I am thinking of having a go at the whole thing in August if anyone is interested...?

The weather plays a huge part in this - it was raining at the start of our ride which meant the chalky descents were lethal. I came off belting down one and did the remaining 40 or so miles with a cut face and what I thought was a broken thumb. Nice :|
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc