parasites

Katz
Katz Posts: 25
edited January 2013 in The cake stop
Its started . The wretched phone calls offering me compensation for a non-existent injury or a loan I never took have stopped. But, today I have already received two calls offering to enhance my pension money . Not evan a human but some loathsome recording. If these sods are going to rob me then the least they can do is have the politeness to speak to me personally.

Comments

• ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    I seem to spend most of my time unsubscribing from spam email. It was taking the urine when my phone would go off at 2 AM because Amazon emailed me an advert for some hair curlers.

If I want to buy something I'll come to you !
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    edited January 2013
    ben@31 wrote:
    I seem to spend most of my time unsubscribing from spam email. It was taking the urine when my phone would go off at 2 AM because Amazon emailed me an advert for some hair curlers.

If I want to buy something I'll come to you !

If you unsubscribe from proper spam email you're just proving that the email address is still active. Then it's more likely to get spammed.

I agree about the Amazon-type ones though.
  • I use a free 'call blocker' app on my phone which currently blocks all numbers that are not in my contacts list. Works a treat by blocking all these spam calls.
    Planet-X SL Pro Carbon.
    Tifosi CK3 Winter Bike
    Planet X London Road Disc
    Planet X RT80 Elite
  • richsieb
    richsieb Posts: 137
    Or just say you have registered your landline to stop calls like this like this. Seems to work for me, but then again, so does just hanging up...
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I have registered my landline and get very few now

On the subject of pensions, missus has a couple of years to go and an organisation called teacher pension assurance would like to visit her. Their website suggests that they would be wanting her to invest her lump sum ...