Rose Xeon CRS 4400

millster
millster Posts: 209
edited February 2014 in Your road bikes
Saw this at a good price and took the plunge.

XeonCRS_zps5981c9f3.jpg

Xeon1_zpse40ca435.jpg

Xeon2_zpsf7c35daa.jpg

Xeon3_zpsdacbfc90.jpg

Xeon4_zpsb63cd744.jpg

Sram Force groupset
Ksyrium Elite wheelset
3T Doric Ltd Seatpost
3T ARX Pro stem
3T Erganova Pro bars
Fizik Arione saddle (may be swapped out)

This will do me for this years and next years sportive season, after which I will probable fancy a change again!

Selling my previous bike here: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=12900087

Comments

• Camus
    Camus Posts: 189
    Looks smart this one, is it the tuxedo edition? White saddle and bar tape, oh yeah.
  • Yip! "That'll do pig....."
    Approx weight?
  • Camus
    Camus Posts: 189
    Yip! "That'll do pig....."
    Approx weight?

Ah, Jim Cromwell, one of the greats, one of the greats.
  • millster
    Yip! "That'll do pig....."
    Approx weight?

Weight is listed on the website as approx. 6.95kg, but i'm interested to get it on some scales myself as there was another Rose on here with heavier Ultegra group (but with lighter tubs) that was at 6.7kg.
  • pompy
    pompy Posts: 127
    Hi Millster, I am looking at getting the same bike. Is that the 55 or 57cm frame and how tall are you? It looks like it's going to be quick!
  • millster
    pompy wrote:
    Hi Millster, I am looking at getting the same bike. Is that the 55 or 57cm frame and how tall are you? It looks like it's going to be quick!

I'm 180cm tall with 84cm inseam. I went for the 57cm. I was right inbetween the 2 sizes, but opted for the larger frame for a more relaxed fit (I don't race).

If you're having trouble with sizing, use this: http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=FIT_CALCULATOR_INTRO . Once you've gone through the measurements it recommends different sizes depending on the fit you are after.

Also, a recommendation when ordering from Rose, specify that you would like 25mm worth of spacers, that way you have some adjustability when the bike arrives. From ordering to delivery took 18 days and included christmas (ordered on 17th Dec, posted on 21st and recieved on the 4th Jan). Can't fault Rose for service-as it was a sale bike, the configorator option wasn't showing as available. One email later and the spec was all sorted.
  • love it 8)
  • Gabbo
    Gabbo Posts: 864
    The SRAM Force groupset and 3T finishing kit is something I'm chasing right now. Jealous!
  • I've just had delivery of a CRS 3100 - with Ultegra Di2. Pics to follow but obviously almost identical to this. Mine has Ritchey finishing kit and Rose own-brand carbon seat post.
  • millster
    Weight is now confirmed as 7.45kg with pedals and bottle cages.

I was hoping it would be closer to 7kg, but i'll concentrate on shifting weight myself before saving 100g here and there on the bike!
  • canny_lad
    canny_lad Posts: 329
    Nice bike.

How does it compare to the Scott?
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    The bike looks great with the white saddle and white bar tape but as I have found in the past it is sole destroying trying to keep them clean, which is a shame because this bike suits them white.
    If you swap the saddle are you going to stay with white?
  • Looks very nice.

I've been eyeing up the CRS range for a while now and keep changing my mind between whether to buy one, or stick with what's available at the LBS.

I can't get the Rose configurator to work at the moment though. I know you can't use it on the 2012 bikes but anyone know if they've stopped offering it as an online function for the 2013 models too ?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Looks superb. :D
  • Hi Millster

I have been looking at these but was put off a bit by the Cycling+ review which said they were probably not the best for long rides on British roads. Any comments on comfort?

Cheers

Phil
  • millster
    Phil Earl wrote:
    Hi Millster

I have been looking at these but was put off a bit by the Cycling+ review which said they were probably not the best for long rides on British roads. Any comments on comfort?

Cheers

Phil

Phil, i've only managed a few spins on the turbo up to now so can't comment on the comfort too much. However, this will be used in 85, 90 and 102 mile sportives in Britain before La Marmotte so i'll report back with more detail then!
  • Thanks - I'll keep saving up in the meantime!!
  • dwanes wrote:
    The bike looks great with the white saddle and white bar tape but as I have found in the past it is sole destroying trying to keep them clean, which is a shame because this bike suits them white.

Been riding my steed for over 1500 miles on a white saddle and bar tape, had no issues keeping it clean. Infact I barely touch them at all, its keeping the rest of the bike clean thats my problem!!!
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    dwanes wrote:

Been riding my steed for over 1500 miles on a white saddle and bar tape, had no issues keeping it clean. Infact I barely touch them at all, its keeping the rest of the bike clean thats my problem!!!

Barely touch them, wow, do you hover over your bike in some kind of trance like state? :lol:
  • Great bike!

I really do like a lot about the Rose brand. They seem to be decent value, although prices have worryingly gone up the past week on all bikes - the X lite I was looking at has gone from £3600 to £3900! Wonder if their prices change based on exchange rates?

I was looking on their site and whilst you can change the spec of 2013 bikes, older models you can't - did you just email the different kit you wanted on the bike and they just gave you a price for the adjustments?
  • antooony
    antooony Posts: 177
    I like it. very tastefully put together.
  • millster
    Sharpy_lad wrote:
    Great bike!

I really do like a lot about the Rose brand. They seem to be decent value, although prices have worryingly gone up the past week on all bikes - the X lite I was looking at has gone from £3600 to £3900! Wonder if their prices change based on exchange rates?

I was looking on their site and whilst you can change the spec of 2013 bikes, older models you can't - did you just email the different kit you wanted on the bike and they just gave you a price for the adjustments?

I think their prices do differ with exchange rates. If you remember when Canyon were beginning to get popular though their prices were very competitive. They have since increased a fair bit-it looks like Rose may be going the same way.

When I looked for mine, the configorator was not available on sale bikes, but when I priced it up the week before it was. A quick email detailing the spec. I would like and they replied with a price within 2 days. I think the only parts that cost extra were the seatpost and tyres.
  • karama
    karama Posts: 18
    Now that you've had the bike for a while, can you comment on comfort during longer rides?
  • Any feedback on the bike OP? What's the ride like for long distances on our roads?
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    Another interested party here re comfort on long rides, I am deliberating on a CRS 3000 same colour combo as yours, and a canyon at the moment. Be interested to hear how you're getting on