Freehub- excessive play?

ditchit
ditchit Posts: 44
edited January 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, since my GT was stolen at the end of last summer i have decided on overhauling my nipper's Mongoose full susser ( so i can still blat around untill i get my new Canyon (hopefully?) soonish). Anyhow, i've just changed the bearings (small and large) in the freehub body to see if i can tighten up the freehub as i feel there is excessive play there. I hoped that the new bearings would have sorted it out but there is still play there albeit not as much. I think i will probably have to
a) get a complete new hub
or
b) get a new freehub body.

Is there anything else i can do to tighten up this hub?
Cheers
Will
'Dont waste your time like an idiot on Facebook. Instead, visit an outdoor enthusiast forum and waste your time in style!' Mahatma Ghandi

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    and the hub is a?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • ditchit
    ditchit Posts: 44
    I'm pretty sure its a formula hub, havent got the spec sheet for the bike, there is nothing written on it that i can see.
    'Dont waste your time like an idiot on Facebook. Instead, visit an outdoor enthusiast forum and waste your time in style!' Mahatma Ghandi
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Photo then.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.