Cube Peloton Pro

dynamicbrick
dynamicbrick Posts: 460
edited January 2013 in Your road bikes
Okay, so it's not a full carbon Italian thoroughbred, but nonetheless my new toy arrived this morning from Leisure Lakes, courtesy of the Halfords Cycle2Work scheme. Bog standard 2013 Cube Peloton Pro compact.

WP_000188_zpsf9413115.jpg

Snatched a sneaky 6 miles on it for lunch, and it's love at first pedal - very fast (for me at least), pretty light all things considered, and nicely specced. Cracking frame - looks very pro with massive head tube, BB, and so on.

The front wheel sounds like a wind chime in a hurricane, and the front mech needs a slight tweak as it won't trim cleanly on the big ring when lower down the cassette.

Have to say Leisure Lakes did a very good job in assembly - been round and checked all the torques = all spot on. The tyre logos are over the valves, brakes bang-on, and everything is correctly greased. In the box I also got some frame guards, and a multi-tool. Mech trim aside, no complaints whatsoever, given they didn't actually deal directly with me, but with Halfords.

One thing I'm a bit stuck on is the funky seat angle - there's no way of adjusting the angle it seems, do I rotate the seat post 180 or something?

Comments

• gaanrowl
    gaanrowl Posts: 326
    hi nice cube welcome to the club.

your seat angle do you mean teh slight incline it has? there should be two bolts fromt and back. loosen then back one slightly and tighten the front one, once its level nip the back one back up.
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    What is going on with the derailleur??? me thinks the chain is too short? Anyone?
  • dwanes
    PS, got distracted, Nice bike, love the colour scheme.
  • Hmm

I hadn't noticed the chain... off out to the garage to have a look see. Report back presently.

Edit:

Difficult to say really - yes the mech is forward when in top, but there's still plenty of movement in chain and cage. If I drop it onto the small ring then the cage is back about as far as I'd be comfortable with.

Maybe could use one link more, but it's debatable.

However, I'm not experienced in 10spd cassettes - so opinions welcome?

Won't take too much effort to get Leisure Lakes to send on a couple of links for it
  • dwanes
    I am not at home at the moment so I can't check mine, but I cant say i have ever looked before when in both big rings!

It is maybe a fairly large sprocket? what is the largest at the back?
  • It doesn't say on the Cube website. I'll have to go out and examine/count the thing - it is big though.
  • pitchshifter
    pitchshifter Posts: 1,476
    Nothing wrong with the chain, its the gearing the OP has chosen to use.

Don't cross the chain (i.e Big ring & Big sprocket) You'll wear your chain out rapidly.
  • Ignore this one, being dim
  • robklancs
    robklancs Posts: 498
    Yeah that chain looks tight but it's the gear you have selected, I like cubes, they just seem to go for it with their colour scheme, is it just me or do the hoods either look massive or too low/far forwards?
  • I love the scheme, subtle it isn't.

Yes, they were low in this photo - been out and grabbed another sneaky 10 miles early evening. Rotated the things back round to a more normal position. I also found a pothole in the dark, using my brand spanking new 20 spoke front wheel... which is now slightly wonky.

C'est la vie.