Lance Armstrong - which came first?

2»

Comments

• sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    I know there is doubt of Zulle but never knew he officially tested positive. What was he caught for ?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    sherer wrote:
    I know there is doubt of Zulle but never knew he officially tested positive. What was he caught for ?
    He admitted to doping during the Festina affair.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • sherer
    RichN95 wrote:
    sherer wrote:
    He admitted to doping during the Festina affair.
    cheers, it was obvious must have just missed that bit
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    ffs neither had armstrong !!

He was sanctioned. He was stripped of all of his results back to '98 and banned from professional cycling for life.
    the only ones I would "guess" were likely to be clean was evans, sastre and lemond.

What have you got on Wiggins then?
    Nothing, but seems my follow up post which said " oops I forgot wiggo" was deleted ? :roll:
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Nothing, but seems my follow up post which said " oops I forgot wiggo" was deleted ? :roll:
    Then "Edit" this into your OP. :roll:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • deejay
    edited February 2013
    nathancom wrote:
    I am sure Indurain was as bad as Armstrong, They just got away with it as there was no test at the time. .
    That is utter Bollox.
    Indurain served his time as a Domestic and came through the ranks from being an athletic promising Junior.
    Late in his career he met Ferrara to see what his new training involved but refused it.
    Bjarne Riis showed Indurain what he was missing (EPO that is) in 1996 and Mig retired because of that lesson.
    So at the end of the Indurain career you can see the effect of EPO or not.

Edit :- 1994 Giro d'Italia EPO or not, with Berzin and Argentin knocking the shyte out of Indurain.

Armstrong arrived as the "Big I Am" and never had to do domestic riding (TOC and the joke that he would) but he believed all the Hype about him.
    Then as World Champion he couldn't understand why nobody (allegedly) recognised him in 1994, so he set out to remedy that in anyway he could.

He became the "Most Sophisticated Professional DOPER in all Sport" (see the post above by "evidence 11")
    When his team mates went elsewhere and still tried to use his system, they got detected and busted.
    You can now try to List a long bunch of LA's ex Team mates who have been busted. (Nothing Fictional there)
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,454
    deejay wrote:
    That is utter Bollox.
    Indurain served his time as a Domestic and came through the ranks from being an athletic promising Junior.
    Late in his career he met Ferrara to see what his new training involved but refused it.
    Bjarne Riis showed Indurain what he was missing (EPO that is) in 1996 and Mig retired because of that lesson.

This 'utter bollox' thing of which you speak? This is it ^.
  • deejay
    andyp wrote:
    deejay wrote:
    That is utter Bollox.

FFS, you prove me wrong if you think you can redeem yourself, otherwise just keep playing with yourself.

Before the internet I followed the Indurain (a big man that could climb mountains) career and things were put in print that are not available now.
    I defy you to produce something other than the "Hay fever" spray.

The Internet has arrived for all the couch people to express their Innuendo's, so I say "Prove me wrong"
  • deejay
    evidence11 wrote:

1301160316338048410766301.jpg
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    deejay wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    deejay wrote:
    That is utter Bollox.

FFS, you prove me wrong if you think you can redeem yourself, otherwise just keep playing with yourself.

Before the internet I followed the Indurain (a big man that could climb mountains) career and things were put in print that are not available now.

The Internet has arrived for all the couch people to express their Innuendo's, so I say "Prove me wrong"

Old article, but this guy (Thomas Davy) testified under oath that Banesto used a team-wide system of doping

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/story/0 ... 08,00.html
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    From said article:
    Testifying under oath, Thomas Davy, who rode with Indurain in the Spanish team in 1995-96, claimed: "At Banesto there was a system of doping with medical supervision." Asked by the presiding judge Daniel Delegove if everyone in the team had used drugs, the Frenchman said hesitantly: "I don't know. I didn't go round all the rooms, but I think so."
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,454
    deejay wrote:

You come across as a complete tool with your speed to resort to personal attack. May I insert your favourite emoticon here - :roll:

As Timoid has already posted, Thomas Davy testified under oath at the Festina trial that there was a systematic doping regime in place at Banesto when he rode for them. Indurain also worked extensively with Professor Conconi and Michele Ferrari, both of whom have subsequently been proven to have doped athletes in their care. Indurain spent his entire career riding for the same team, under the management of Eusebio Unzue who has, time and time again, used doping methods with his riders (with Valverde being the latest of a long line of examples). Finally, how did an 80kg 1m 90 cm tall rider become one of the most devastating climbers of his era, an era which we now know was one where the use of EPO, for which there was no test at the time, became endemic.

There is enough evidence for anyone with their critical faculties intact to think that Indurain was doped.
  • sherer
    no real proof but again there are rumours that Big Mig had to get up at 1-2 in the morning and take a walk around because EPO thickens the blood and if you don't exercise then it can kill you in your sleep
  • deejay
    andyp wrote:
    There is enough evidence for anyone with their critical faculties intact to think that Indurain was doped.
    Not for me yet, but then I've only been a Jury Foreman twice.

1994 Giro d'Italia EPO or not, with Berzin and Argentin knocking the shyte out of Indurain.

This factual evidence is more valuable than any Hearsay evidence so carry on playing.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Scotty-Gee wrote:
    _63449996_tour_de_france_winners_624.jpg

As an aside, shouldn't Delgado also have his name 'sullied' here?

Nope. He never failed a test.

Neither did LA for that matter. Are you an LA believer then? :wink:
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    deejay wrote:
    andyp wrote:

1994 Giro d'Italia EPO or not, with Berzin and Argentin knocking the shyte out of Indurain.

This factual evidence is more valuable than any Hearsay evidence so carry on playing.

Well good for you. I would quite like a jury foreman as sympathetic as you should I ever end up in court.
  • deejay wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Indurain was a big rider of the generation when I was getting into cycling so I'd always like to believe he's clean, but I think it's increasingly clear he was part of the EPO era. I can't find the quote now but I'm sure a couple of years ago he came as close as you're likely to see to admitting it when he said something like "I took the tests and passed the controls, I don't think we should be looking back at what's happened in the past". Anyone else remember this?
  • deejay
    deejay wrote:
    andyp wrote:

Well good for you. I would quite like a jury foreman as sympathetic as you should I ever end up in court.
    On both occasions they were put down. (smilie = thumbs down)
    Eddie72 wrote:
    Indurain was a big rider of the generation when I was getting into cycling so I'd always like to believe he's clean, but I think it's increasingly clear he was part of the EPO era. I can't find the quote now but I'm sure a couple of years ago he came as close as you're likely to see to admitting it when he said something like "I took the tests and passed the controls, I don't think we should be looking back at what's happened in the past". Anyone else remember this?
    I cannot put a lot of credence to that one.
    Gardian wrote:
    Testifying under oath, Thomas Davy, who rode with Indurain in the Spanish team in 1995-96, claimed: "At Banesto there was a system of doping with medical supervision." Asked by the presiding judge Daniel Delegove if everyone in the team had used drugs, the Frenchman said hesitantly: "I don't know. I didn't go round all the rooms, but I think so."
    A lot different to the Texan with Betsy and then a whole hoard of people testifying under oath.

I repeat, You can now try to List a long bunch of LA's ex Team mates who have been busted.