Silver calipers on carbon black bike

dg74
dg74 Posts: 656
edited January 2013 in Road general
Yay or nay? May have to alter my search quota and include silver calipers instead of just black.

Thoughts appreciated.

Comments

• smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Its very subjective and no single correct answer. Also depends what the rest of the groupo is.

The contrast could look good or you may prefer the blend in 'stealth' approach.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • dg74
    dg74 Posts: 656
    smidsy wrote:
    Its very subjective and no single correct answer. Also depends what the rest of the groupo is.

The contrast could look good or you may prefer the blend in 'stealth' approach.

Riding a 2010 Boardman Carbon with Sram Rival except the brake calipers are Tektro. Looking to upgrade to Ultegra or SRAM Force but having trouble locating Black calipers at decent price.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    If the rest of the group is black I would personally want black calipers.

105 comes in black and they tend to be on deals. But I suppose one should stick to SRAM to match the rest. Sod the expense you know you need them :-)
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • Just sourced some SRAM red (black) for me Boardman 9.8 AIR build. I think the stealth look looks great!
    Boardman AIR 9.8, Zipp 303 Clinchers, SRAM red groupset.
  • smidsy wrote:
    If the rest of the group is black I would personally want black calipers.

105 comes in black and they tend to be on deals. But I suppose one should stick to SRAM to match the rest. Sod the expense you know you need them :-)

This :wink:
  • lotus49
    lotus49 Posts: 763
    dg74 wrote:
    Yay or nay? May have to alter my search quota and include silver calipers instead of just black.

Thoughts appreciated.

Definitely nay. I think the other way around might be all right but I would want to stick to black calipers.
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Silver calipers work on most bikes, as long as they are decent, so I'd say yay.