Santa Cruz Blur Lt

jolmes
jolmes Posts: 144
edited January 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Took the new toy out for a spin today, not the best of weather conditions but this is England after all! Spent a few weeks sourcing the parts and waiting for the sales but with a total build cost so far of under £1350 - Makes me happy!

IMAG0267_zps6967cc68.jpg

Not the best of photo's but the phone didn't like wet gloves and is now drying off!

Comments

• DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Jesus, that's a good price

2nd hand frame ?

Mind posting your spec list and prices ?
  • jolmes
    Thanks very much :) Frame and forks were 2nd hand so got a bargain with those, full spec is as follows:

Full SLX M670 group set with brakes and BB from merlin £360
    Shimano XT RT76 Rotors (203/180) and adapters £55
    Nukeproof Warhead bars/stem/grips/saddle and seatpost £100
    Nukeproof generator front and rear wheels/hubs £150
    Santa Cruz Blur LT 2008 £300
    2012 Fox Float 150mm RLC with Fit/kashima coated £300
    Superstar nano tech flats £38
    Maxxis ignitors £40

Got most of the stuff with clever use of crc's £10 off purchases above £75 and waiting for sales :)

Just need to sort out the cables now and re-route some of them and maybe get a dropper post on it...not sure about that last one yet as they don't seem to be coming down in price at all :(

Also not sure of the weight yet but she is damn light for a full sus. Will have to get her to the gym for a weigh in
  • Good lord that's cheap with that spec, especially considering the forks - £300? Bargain.

Hope it goes as well as it looks :D

Paul
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • jolmes
    Aye, the seller had an awful lot of things for sale and some lovely frames as well but needed to get rid.

She does ride like a beaut but coming from a voodoo hoodoo 29er, to this is a rather big step up, just need to finish playing with the rear shock settings...gotta wait another few weeks till she's really tested though!
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    Yes, wow, Kashima RLC for £300! Nice spec and bargain price for the whole bike, money has gone on the things that make the most difference to a ride, I like it a lot, my kind of bike.

I could only think of a dropper post to really improve on it.
  • jolmes
    Yes, wow, Kashima RLC for £300! Nice spec and bargain price for the whole bike, money has gone on the things that make the most difference to a ride, I like it a lot, my kind of bike.

I could only think of a dropper post to really improve on it.

Aye, couldn't agree more with the dropper post but as they are still expensive and I cant justify the price with the misses unless I buy her a puppy...gonna have to wait I think

On the other hand, the bike has turned out reasonable light, just over 12kg according to the scales but I'll have to double check that with something more accurate.
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    No I can never justify one either! 12kg is nice and light.

Superb job.