On*one Whippet XC Frame choices

andi1363
andi1363 Posts: 350
edited January 2013 in MTB general
Want to buy a Whippet but am torn on colours :?

Really would like black with decals but this isn't available. I can have gloss over carbon no decals or go for a painted one. I do like the branding to show and am drawn to this:
FROOCWH-YEL-GRN-16_P1.jpg

or maybe this?:
FROOCWH_P1.jpg

Stealthy option :?
FROOCWHND-BLK_P1.JPG

Anyone seen that flo job in the flesh?

Comments

• EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    Red and white one - only one with the whippet picture on it, so wins on that basis!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Raptor black for me.....with black finishing kit for that ultimate stealth fighter look.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Greer_
    Greer_ Posts: 1,716
    Black, I'm sure you could buy white decals for it!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I doubt the first one will match your make up so I guess it depends whether you're an Essex girl or an emo.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Newfish
    Newfish Posts: 121
    Red and white or stealth! Unless your 12 or have peroxide blond hair. :D
    Cheers,
    Simon.
    I got to have a look at the first frame a couple of weeks ago that someone had built and to be honest it doesn't look right nothing at all goes with it, even the bling obsessed on here couldn't make that look good.
  • i so badly want the green and yellow one!!saw it onthe c456 on the specials! so tempting!!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • mikee1979
    mikee1979 Posts: 151
    White and Red or black. I bought the white and red one couple of months ago and now they are £200 cheaper, my frame is still just sitting in my room so if only I'd waited…
  • ste0649
    ste0649 Posts: 84
    I went for the black/ white frame. First ride on it last Sunday and it felt quick.
    The weight without dropouts in a large was around 1400g.
    Full bike build to 25lbs, with loads of room to make it lighter.

8370695945_a2951a9db0.jpg

8370696197_2b4e013918.jpg
    Scott Speedster S40
    Scott Spark 29 Elite
  • andi1363
    That looks spot on 8)

! I would take that colour scheme but no stock left in 16" :(
  • It needs to be Matte black.

And when did On-one become Beone?
  • andi1363
    I don't dislike any of the option but none of them have much wow factor for me. I see you can buy decal sets in red, black or silver. I think I will go for the carbon finnish and buy black decals. I am thinking black decals could look nice on carbon. If this looks a bit rubbish, its not much money to remove the black decals and add silver if wanted.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,401
    Do you have any further details Ste? Always been interested in those frames....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    WindyG wrote:
    I got to have a look at the first frame a couple of weeks ago that someone had built and to be honest it doesn't look right nothing at all goes with it, even the bling obsessed on here couldn't make that look good.

I am soo tempted to have a punt at that now... White sids, nukeproof yellow hubs with green velocity rims, green and yellow lock ons, white finishing kit, 1*10 with white x9, white deus xc cranks, and this saddle and probably white tyres.

Hmmm, I've probably got enough bits lying around to make one of these up, except the wheels.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    WindyG wrote:

I am soo tempted to have a punt at that now... White sids, nukeproof yellow hubs with green velocity rims, green and yellow lock ons, white finishing kit, 1*10 with white x9, white deus xc cranks, and this saddle and probably white tyres.

Hmmm, I've probably got enough bits lying around to make one of these up, except the wheels.
    I think I just threw up a bit.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • ste0649
    ddraver wrote:
    Do you have any further details Ste? Always been interested in those frames....

What you after bud?
    Scott Speedster S40
    Scott Spark 29 Elite
  • ddraver
    just thoughts, a mini-review as it were....what you like, what you don't like etc
    - @ddraver
  • ste0649
    Only had a chance to ride it once so far because of the crap weather and work. Rode round my local trail centre Hamsterley and apart from being held up by a few ramblers and other riders I beat a few of my personal bests with a few KOMs on Strava http://app.strava.com/activities/37402086

The bike felt great, had a wake up call on a few of the jumps as I used to ride full suspension, the reason I changed back to a hard tail is for the xc races I do. This bike flew up the climbs, even though the conditions were a nightmare I enjoyed my first outing.

For the price the frames are going for its hard to find anything close.
    Scott Speedster S40
    Scott Spark 29 Elite
  • MDobs
    MDobs Posts: 167
    I've got my eye on one of these as well in red and white, the only problem being they don't have it cheap in my size 18" :cry:

Oh well, think I'll put new wheels on my current frame instead and wait and see if they have my size in their next sale.
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    Someone was selling one of these frames on here a few months back in red and white
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • ddraver
    Thanks ste...
    - @ddraver
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    andi1363 wrote:
    Want to buy a Whippet but am torn on colours :?

Dude, that is a girl question.
  • Carl170
    Carl170 Posts: 99
    My opinion FWIW.

Black - Boring (needs some decal design)
    Red/White - Looks a bit dated
    Black/White - looks great, very modern looking.
    Green/Yellow - I think this looks amazing! However, I cannot imagine what colours will go with it (apart from black components). I like the suggested saddle too.

My girlfriend has a Alpinestars in Flouro Yellow, which has all black components, and that looks OK.

My vote goes for the green/yellow!

Please remember - these are only MY opinions. YMMV!

Regards

Carl