Cycling in Provence

Mary24
Mary24 Posts: 3
edited February 2013 in Tour & expedition
I came across this news article published on the Sydney Morning Herald here in Australia, and it sounds awesome, so I wanted to share it with you. http://www.smh.com.au/travel/activity/a ... 2cjto.html
It seems that these guys had a wonderful time in Provence and it reminded me so much of the fantastic holiday I had there last year.
It looks like they found the right mix between guided and self guided trips... which is quite rare I have to say. Check it out.
I heard that Discover France (the tour operator who organized this holiday) became Active4Adventures.com… did anyone hear about that?

Comments

• ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Really, I heard that they are an utterly awful company who resort to posting fake reviews on cycling forums. Steer well clear. BTW Great first post.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Four years ago i put a post on this site seeking recommendations for a tour company that goes to Provence,
    and someone recommended Skedaddle. They do some great trips, staff speak fluent Australian and company highly recommended. Loads of excellent roads there, although my Aussie mates say their tour of Tuscany is even better.
  • Mary24
    Mary24 Posts: 3
    Ratsbeyfus, I hope they're not that kind of company...

Thank you Alain for your answer. I'll have to check their website. But now, I can't decide between going back to Provence or Loire Valley... I hope Skedaddle has tours there.
  • try veloventoux - not a tour company as such but will help with all you need. Provence beats anywhere else hands down!
  • +1 Veloventoux
    Craig/Vicky will give you all the advice you need.