Which wheels, yes another one!

The Rookie
The Rookie Posts: 27,812
edited January 2013 in MTB buying advice
Not your Normal which wheels post though.....

Currently rolling on Mavic crossrides, the son has some Ritchey Pro Xc going spare (originally off a Boardman), they weigh about the same as each other, whichever set we sell they are worth about the same, so which should I use and which should we sell?
Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.

Comments

• ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    I'd keep the richeys as the spares are probably marginally easier to get hold of.
  • The Rookie
    That was my first thought....anyone else?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Hve you checked the "complete" listings for both sets on flea bay? If they are selling for the same id keep the ones you like best. Im surprised the Ritchey arent a little lighter though? Alternatively you could take a gamble amd sell both and invest in some new ones?
  • The Rookie
    Checked completed listings, yes!

If I had that option I would, but one set are the sons so I owe him for them!

May try the Ritcheys and see how they feel and then decide!

Anyone got experience of both? SS?