Bib short Sizing

thejimmymethod
thejimmymethod Posts: 458
edited January 2013 in Road beginners
Looking for some help with sizing of bib shorts, any size charts I've seen for various brands haven't really helped me at all. I am 5ft 11, 33in Inside leg and 29/30in waist.

Normally have to go for a 30W 32L for trousers (Baggy and just about long enough) if that helps.

Looking for suggestions from people of similarly awkward proportions.

Comments

• lc1981
    lc1981 Posts: 820
    Rapha's Pro Team Bib Shorts come in two different lengths, which is handy if you have long legs and a slim waist. They're expensive though. Some other brands might offer the same at a lower price.
  • Strith
    Strith Posts: 541
    I have long legs/femurs, you need to get instore and try things on. I know it's a pain, but its the only way for me to get stuff that fits spot on.
  • Buy from wiggle. Get loads of stuff, different sizes and brands.
    Send what doesn't fit back. Free of charge,no quibbles.
    Sorted.
  • Gizmodo
    Gizmodo Posts: 1,928
    As Strith said, support your LBS and try some on.

If you really can't get into a store then use someone like Wiggle that offer free returns. Order every size, try them on, return the ones that don't fit. If you time it right (order on the same day your credit card company issue your statement) then you've got a month to try them on, return them and get your refund without having to pay your credit card bill.

Wiggle use the Collect+ network of stores to return goods free, so there is normally somewhere local to you to get them returned.

Edit:Lycra-Bika and I were typing the same thing at the same time
  • You did it justice though!
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    as a guide for bib shorts aim to get height right on their guide, waist is irrelevent-ish with bibs, especially as you're relatively slim. order the two most likely sizes in a couple of brands and you'll find one fits.

Different brands will be different fits. I bought some winter tights recently, coldn't get any size of Altura to feel comfortble but found the Louis Garneau's spot on.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Go to your LBS and try them on and then buy them while you are there. THE END
    Yellow is the new Black.