Strivers v Shirkers

capt_slog
capt_slog Posts: 3,965
edited January 2013 in The bottom bracket
There's been a lot of talk in the news just lately about Strivers and Shirkers, and I just wondered how many people really knew the difference. If anyone is confused, here is a small guide to which is which.

Strivers are the type of people who work hard in order to try to get themselves a better class of living and save for their future.

Shirkers on the other hand, are a race of people from Nepal who help climbers up Everest.

Hope this helps.

The older I get, the better I was.

Comments

• nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    And its only 12 January.Step forward Capt Slog for post of the year.

Now,how to remove peanuts from the screen.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    If anyone thinks it's either a useful definition or that it can be broken down into a binary construct is just ignorant.
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Ooooeerrrr .Calling jim453.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • capt_slog
    If anyone thinks it's either a useful definition or that it can be broken down into a binary construct is just ignorant.

yes

• tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552

Actually, both. It is a useful definition because it allows the Tories to divide and conquer. It feeds into the Psyche of the Daily Mail readers who's acerbic Vox Pox views tend to drive policy in this country and to court the electorate, rather than using political office to help solve the ills of society.

Regretably there are however far too many examples that fit the model. I m going to get slated for this but its personal evidence based.

Strivers= Immigrants who have never had or been given anything in their homeland and come to the Uk and work hard to realise the benefits of our country.

Shirkers= A generation of UK citizens who see no benefit in working as they can exist comfortably within the welfare system.
  • Hate to admit it, but, you are probably right
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162

Did you not read the post properly Rick? :lol:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I didn't.

Point still stands though.
  • capt_slog
    I didn't.

Point still stands though.

Didn't think so :lol:

• Poor people to be controlled by remote control - Daily Mash
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer