Trainerroad.com: OUCH.

cyclingprop
cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
edited January 2013 in Commuting chat
WrathRob, I have a bone to pick with you.

This trainerroad thing could become addictive. And it makes you feel CRAP. AND I don't know what all the numbers mean?!
What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?

Comments

• cookdn
    cookdn Posts: 410

This trainerroad thing could become addictive. And it makes you feel CRAP. AND I don't know what all the numbers mean?!

Never mind the numbers, this thread needs a NSFW warning. I innocently browsed over to the website and got an eyeful of this. Good job Mrs Cookdn was not looking, she is already suspicious about this site. She blames it for all the bike stuff that keeps appearing, rude ladies would be the final straw. :lol:
    Boardman CX Team
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    cookdn wrote:
    Never mind the numbers, this thread needs a NSFW warning. I innocently browsed over to the website and got an eyeful of this. Good job Mrs Cookdn was not looking, she is already suspicious about this site. She blames it for all the bike stuff that keeps appearing, rude ladies would be the final straw. :lol:

Her grip looks to be a little bit on the firm side :shock: :shock: :wink::wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • cookdn wrote:

Ah the old RAM air scoop!
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Haha! I hope my PM helped. From what you said, and having ridden with you, I think your FTP test wasn't right. If you feel like you've spread the load pretty evenly over the 20 mins, with a slight ramp up in effort from start to end and when you finish the test you feel like hurling into a bucket, then you've done it right. If you started too hard and had to back off, or you were able to really ramp up the effort in the last 5 mins or didn't feel like crying at the end then you probably need to re-test. A sure sign will be if any of the threshold workouts using your calculated FTP are relatively easy to complete.

For the rest of the numbers, just use the NP to compare workouts. If you do the same workout 1 week later and get a higher NP then you've been able to generate more power in that workout. I wouldn't worry about IF or TSS for now.

I'm doing my next test tomorrow, I can't say I'm looking forwards to it as I don't think I'll have improved that much and I know its going to hurt like a bitch.
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    Yeah I could have given more I reckon. By some margin. Didn't help that I was coughing a lot either but will get there.... Can totally feel being off the bike though - very tight hamstrings yesterday.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?