Micro buckle on shimano R106 road shoe?

skyeflyguy
skyeflyguy Posts: 110
edited January 2013 in Road beginners
Hi after a longish lay off (12 years) Ive bought a nice bike....Cannondale supersix....and bought some ShimanoR106 road shoes to make the most of. They're are super stiff and look the biz. Unfortunately the instructions are a bit vague on how to work the micro adjust top strap to open the shoe to get it on, before tightening it. I feel a bit foolish asking, but not wanting to force anything and break them before I get them on........it refuses to open no matter what I do, Im wondering if I am missing something obvious? a brain maybe!

Thanks G.

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    br106.jpg

The black button at the top of the buckle -> push it in to release the strap... you have to hold it down or it will re-engage.
  • br106.jpg

The black button at the top of the buckle -> push it in to release the strap... you have to hold it down or it will re-engage.
    Hey Ali thank you so much, got it now wouldnt have got it from intructions! Off to try them on cheers. :D

G.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    The white one works like a ratchet to tighten the strap.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • nolight
    nolight Posts: 261
    It's amazing how difficult it is to loosen it if you don't know how and how easy if you know it. I couldn't figure out how to loosen it at the shop too, after trying for half an hour.
  • Thanks guys, I'm glad it wasn't just me being a bit thick, if I hadn't asked I think I would still be trying to work it out.

G. :D