Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

Chinese exploitation and greed

pinnopinno Posts: 47,754
edited January 2013 in The bottom bracket
I would have posted this in Cake Stop but i'm on the cusp of a whole load of expletives and adjectives suggesting wholesale slaughter of the Chinky winkies and you can f*ck your political correctness.

We have witnessed the slaughter of 12 elephants in Tsavo national park. The seizing of a ton of Ivory in Hong Kong and just before Christmas I watched report of a baby Rhino that had its horn cut out alive. The gamekeeper had to shoot it to put it out of its misery.

Any human being who is capable of directly or indirectly supporting poaching to me is sub-human and shoudl be shot.
Now there is some out there who may say that the Chinese are not getting the information and are fed with propaganda but aren't they supposed to be an intelligent race of people ? Don't they ask any questions ? Don't they wonder where it comes from ? Is there no consensus willing to consider their continuing exploitation of the environment on a scale not seen before is unsustainable ? If there is a burgeoning middle class, then surely there is a rise in awareness ?
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Posts

  • MonkeypumpMonkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Agree 100% - string te poachers up and skin them alive.
  • deswellerdesweller Posts: 5,175
    I'm Chinese and I don't do any of that.

    In fact I'm pretty sure no-one in my family does any of that.

    So (surprisingly, it would seem) not all Chinese people are the same.

    It's a bit like saying that all Westerners support the invasion, destabilisation and impoverisation of the populations of oil-rich nations by not preventing their governments and corporate entitities from engaging in those activities.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • pauldavidpauldavid Posts: 392
    DesWeller wrote:
    I'm Chinese and I don't do any of that.

    In fact I'm pretty sure no-one in my family does any of that.

    So (surprisingly, it would seem) not all Chinese people are the same.

    It's a bit like saying that all Westerners support the invasion, destabilisation and impoverisation of the populations of oil-rich nations by not preventing their governments and corporate entitities from engaging in those activities.


    64 with rice please
  • RDWRDW Posts: 1,900
    I'd like to report a bug in the forum software. I logged on to Bikeradar this morning, but I seem to be seeing a racist rant from the wildlife and nature section of the BNP forum. Could you investigate?
  • deswellerdesweller Posts: 5,175
    pauldavid wrote:
    DesWeller wrote:
    I'm Chinese and I don't do any of that.

    In fact I'm pretty sure no-one in my family does any of that.

    So (surprisingly, it would seem) not all Chinese people are the same.

    It's a bit like saying that all Westerners support the invasion, destabilisation and impoverisation of the populations of oil-rich nations by not preventing their governments and corporate entitities from engaging in those activities.


    64 with rice please

    That's funny - your missus prefers a 69 and a spit roast. Tomayto, tomarto...
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • pinnopinno Posts: 47,754
    DesWeller wrote:
    I'm Chinese and I don't do any of that.

    In fact I'm pretty sure no-one in my family does any of that.

    So (surprisingly, it would seem) not all Chinese people are the same (1).

    It's a bit like saying that all Westerners support the invasion, destabilisation and impoverisation of the populations of oil-rich nations by not preventing their governments and corporate entitities from engaging in those activities.(2)

    1. I am sure they are not but why is there no consensus amongst Chinese that Tiger bone, Shark fin, Rhino Horn and Ivory should not be used for vanity and greed ?
    2. I totally agree. I am not responsible for those corporations and I do not endorse their activites. What makes me spit fire is the exploitation by anyone of endangered species and the rate of the decline of Elephants and Rhino is currently unsustainable. The method of extraction of these commodities is cruel and barbaric. It has to stop.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • mattshropsmattshrops Posts: 1,134
    No excuse to lump over one billion people together.
    People are individuals, certain "traditional" ways are obviously wrong. In some countries you can still buy young girls.Some british people are not bloody good blokes :roll:
    Talking like a racist does not help your argument.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • pauldavidpauldavid Posts: 392
    DesWeller wrote:
    pauldavid wrote:
    DesWeller wrote:
    I'm Chinese and I don't do any of that.

    In fact I'm pretty sure no-one in my family does any of that.

    So (surprisingly, it would seem) not all Chinese people are the same.

    It's a bit like saying that all Westerners support the invasion, destabilisation and impoverisation of the populations of oil-rich nations by not preventing their governments and corporate entitities from engaging in those activities.


    64 with rice please

    That's funny - your missus prefers a 69 and a spit roast. Tomayto, tomarto...

    No he doesn't
  • DesB3rdDesB3rd Posts: 285
    No excuse to lump over one billion people together.

    The CPC disagrees with you.
  • Locked.

    Racism is not and will not be tolerated on the forum.

    The bottom bracket is less heavily moderated section but it is still moderated nonetheless.

    It is not a free-for-all.
This discussion has been closed.