GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition

adowling92
adowling92 Posts: 225
edited January 2013 in Commuting general
Got my new GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition and decided to go for a ride!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOrzUdpBGvI
Enjoy! :D
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. --John F. Kennedy

Comments

• meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Stanley222 wrote:
    Did you get this solely for commuting?
    I am considering getting a camera for the commute so was just curius why you chose this over others?!

You wouldn't choose a GoPro Black Ed for just commuting - if only because of the price (at least I wouldn't). I suppose, in extremis, the resolution, frame rate and low light capabilities are meant to be very good (not tested mine yet) as it the wide field of view so, if you were desperate to capture "incidents", you might choose this. GoPro mounts aren't the best though and the form factor of the GoPro I've always thought is poor (it seems to replicate the shape of a hand-held camera) making it strange to mount.

GoPro customer service seems to be utterly hopeless. When I had a mount fail, causing the destruction of the camera, it took 4 months to resolve with over 60 message exchanges. Everything went wrong. Even then, the GoPro 3 has shipped with faulty firmware so the first thing you need to do is update that.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH