Pokerface to Garmin Sharp

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,661
edited January 2013 in Pro race
....according to his and Vaughters Twitter feed in t last few minutes!

Good news for our adopted boy if it happens!
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I've sent them a proposal to 'adopt' me on the squad.

Cofidis actually have a Paracycling team (currently just 4 members). They get to ride with the 'main' squad at training camps, and wear Cofidis kit in Paracyling races (except the World's). It's not a huge investment but it gives recognition t the riders.

I've basically asked if Garmin would do something similar. I'd love to race in their colours this year. Can't wear the stuff without being 'named' though so it requires them to do something on their end!

I think Vaughters is actually a fan as he has made many references to me in the past about my riding.

So... stay posted! You never know what can happen if you don't ask! (Plus I already have 3 Cervelo bikes for next year - so just need the kit!)

C.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Ignore.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,179
    But you'd have to be like really good to ride a Cervelo and wear their trade kit. Like at least national standard or something :wink:
  • Pross wrote:
    But you'd have to be like really good to ride a Cervelo and wear their trade kit. Like at least national standard or something :wink:

Really? But I have both of those. Oh, wait. I'm the something, right? :cry:
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Congrats! What's the link? Would like to read the comments.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Davey C
    Davey C Posts: 80
    Just read your blog - I feel inspired to go and ask companies for free stuff.

Carpe Diem!
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,604
    Pross wrote:
    So I'm not the only one who remembers.
  • Pross wrote:

Ha! some nice displays by Colin of owning a f&*wit there
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    Pross wrote:

Why the F*** did no-one see fit to post a link to that earlier, for those of us that never stray out of Pro-race?

Missed all the fun :-(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    ....to try and encourage you out a bit more... ;)

(I was going to link to it but was on t phone at the time, and then forgot)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    ddraver wrote:
    ....to try and encourage you out a bit more... ;)

(I was going to link to it but was on t phone at the time, and then forgot)

Aint happening. I ride my bike for transport only, have no interest in the commuter forum, building bikes, mountain biking, or anything much else than pro race. And I can't be arsed with going to a different bit of the forum for banter (will happily take a thread "off road" when banter calls ;-) )

So I demand proper links to stuff I'm missing. Don't fail me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format