Ghost lector 5700

hopesprings
hopesprings Posts: 41
edited January 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi all, first post for me. I'm in the market for a full sus bike as the hardtail is getting just too uncomfortable for my ageing bones. Originally had a £500 budget for a second hand on ebay, but everything seems to go for silly money at the moent and also you don't really know the condition. So inevitibly got tempted by new stuff and saw chainreaction have these(2011) for £1100 which seems a hell of a bike for the money. Does anyone have any experience of these or more importantly know where I could get a ride on one?
Many thanks
Matt

Comments

• yeah i have this bike its really good for its money i downgraded from my lapierre spicy to this and i love it just as much. ive started really abusing it aswell at the moment treating it like a DH bikes by hitting drop offs and jumps and got no issues with it i would suggest changing the tyres as i seem to get alot of punctures and nicks .. i have also changed my rims because i buckled them due to the Dh haha other than that good quality bike and a head turner :mrgreen:
    Always take spare socks!!
  • sorry i got the 5700 actinum the 1 down from the lector i think ?? £970 or so and yes i got it from chain reaction cycles in the sale still some on and looking at both specs there is not much between them ;)
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    If you have a grand to spend and you are open to options, i would take a look at the giant trance x4. Mbr bike of the year for two years.

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.p ... 1b4s1p3504
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • sorry i got the 5700 actinum the 1 down from the lector i think ?? £970 or so and yes i got it from chain reaction cycles in the sale still some on and looking at both specs there is not much between them ;)

Thanks for that, think they're very similar, the lector has a half carbon frame tho I think and I prefer the paint job! Still can't find anywhere to ride one, and don't have experience with geometry etc to buy off the net with confidence. A carbon frame for 1100 is so tempting though..
  • yeah i thought it was really good for the money mines really light and strong so im sure the half carbon can only better the ride
  • Cheers for the replies, Just bought a 2nd hand spec xc frame and some forks so happily back to budget much to the relief of the holiday plans of the family! First build so no doubt I'll be back somewhere on this site for advice, and with photos of a box of bits and pulled out hair before long.