Experience of Rapha Crash Repair service

harpo
harpo Posts: 173
edited July 2016 in Road buying advice
I've had a good search but can't seem to find any evidence of what people think of the service supplied through the Rapha Crash repair scheme. I can't seem to find anyone that has used it, only posts saying how it is great that it exists and that's a reason to buy the gear.

I came off the bike yesterday and I'm trying to figure out if I should send in my gilet for them to look at. Suppose if I do I can choose to not have them work on it depending on what they will do. A whole panel replacement would be great but I don't want it patched up in a messy way. The damage is only slight (to the gilet, not my face which needed 8 stitches) so would rather avoid a messy repair when I could make do until the damage worsens.

So have you used it and what quality or level was the repair??

Cheers.

Comments

• graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I've had a couple of items that have been repaired when stitching's come undone after a year or so's use. I've sent them in, they've restitched the item and posted it back to me (turn around normally over a week, but less than a month). Been pretty impressed with it, as the items have usually been out of warranty.

Haven't ever sent anything in for repair after a crash, so can't comment on that.

Why don't you just email them a picture and ask how they'd repair it?
  • Had to have a mitt fixed and a leg warmer. Both sorted in no time.

As above, drop them an email or call them - there's a chance that they'll do a whole panel for a gilet - I know they do that for bibs. Jerseys are normally sewn up.
  • wasabi_m
    wasabi_m Posts: 164
    Excellent service.

Crashed jersey and arm warmers.
    Jersey repaired very well.

Arm warmers beyond repair. Were replaced with a brand new pair free of charge.
  • Their website suggests they only repair kit bought online FOC - does anyone know what they charge for repairs to kit bought in store? I should get a response to my email next week - but am currently licking my wounds after a tip on the ice this morning and trying to work out the damage!

Thanks
  • Send them a quick email with some pics attached if you can. They came back to me via email pretty quickly and were honest, to the point & helpful with their suggestions.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • harpo
    harpo Posts: 173
    I emailed them some images and they said they'd probably patch my damage. Decided just to leave it until it is so bad that it really needs attention as its very slight at the moment and would be more unsightly as a patch. They were pretty good at responding to my emails.

Let us know how you get on.

My head healed up nicely though from this:
    photo-1_zpsdda4b148.jpg
  • cgraley77
    cgraley77 Posts: 66
    Just to add my two pence:

Received top notch service from the Rapha repair service after snagging my Core bibs. Turnaround of around 3 weeks which is impressive so 5 stars for service, and the quality of the repair stitching looks very good given it is in the area of the pad. A nice personal touch added with the bibs being returned in a Rapha musette with a handwritten tag. Rapha can absolutely justify the extra cost for this sort of after sales service.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Suspect he's had them fixed by now...