De Jongh to Saxo Tinkoff

Gazzetta67
Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
edited January 2013 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/de-jong ... t-director

What a brass neck Riis has hiring this guy. makes a mockery out of Pro Cycling...what next Ricco signs for Sky as head chef FFs :roll:

Comments

• well I have heard the Cobra's a dab hand with a Thermomix in the kitchen. But best to avoid anything from the fridge.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Completely agree

Anyone who employs anyone from TVM in 98 in the current climate should be run out of the sport with a pitchfork
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Witty, Iain
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Pfft.

Good for Riis.
  • Pfft.

Good for Riis.

Shrewd. A bit of inside knowledge on the Sky Machine methods and tactics. Riis will use that.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    sky do what everyone else does, only with more money.
  • Oh, I thought they were special. Hey ho.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I'm not sure that's true. Their coaching and training set-up seems quite different. You would be hard pushed to find many dedicated coaches at the other teams.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    well I have heard the Cobra's a dab hand with a Thermomix in the kitchen. But best to avoid anything from the fridge.

I gather his black pudding is to die for.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    RichN95 wrote:
    I'm not sure that's true. Their coaching and training set-up seems quite different. You would be hard pushed to find many dedicated coaches at the other teams.

I'm having a dejavu from the early noughties here.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,550
    ThomThom wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

I'm having a dejavu from the early noughties here.

If you're thinking of USPostal then it's no secret that part of their success was based on a team ethic that isn't always replicated on other "teams". There are plenty of similarities between Sky and USPostal, it's unfortunate that some fans can't separate USPostal's team methods from their doping.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format