Has Being a Father Ended DDD's Reign of.... On Here?

spen666
spen666 Posts: 17,709
edited January 2013 in Commuting chat
He seems to be missing these days
Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666

Comments

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    He's behind you!!!!!! :shock:
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I think Strava killed off the original SCR bravado, and being the first father in the world did the rest.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    dhope wrote:
    tumblr_m1gw1wj0fH1qii6tmo1_400.gif
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • spen666
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    tumblr_m1gw1wj0fH1qii6tmo1_400.gif

Twittering @spen_666
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,767
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    dhope wrote:
    Mild tongue in cheek p!ss taking
  • DonDaddyD
    spen666 wrote:
    In answer to your question... I am still around, less so, but I am still around.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    dhope wrote:
    I think Strava killed off the original SCR bravado, and being the first father in the world did the rest.
    :lol:
  • spen666
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    In answer to your question... I am still around, less so, but I am still around.

Too happy with a nappy to waste your life on here?

You still working in the Essex area?

Twittering @spen_666
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    dhope wrote:

Post of the year, to date.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Paul E
    Paul E Posts: 2,052
    dhope wrote:
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    dhope wrote:

QFT
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • dhope wrote:
    You wait. Once he gets his figure back ...
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,336
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    dhope wrote:

Post of the year, to date.

Nowt to be ashamed of DDD; learn to embrace it. Just got a Hamax for my Giant. #pipe&slippers
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • DonDaddyD
    spen666 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    spen666 wrote:

Unfortunately no, my contract ended and while I had the opportunity to renew I decided not to as I wanted to work closer to home, Mum and baby. This means I cycle less, far less than I expected (so much so in fact that it might have to be another move) but I get to take baby to nursery which has been a real pleasure.
    Nowt to be ashamed of DDD; learn to embrace it. Just got a Hamax for my Giant.

I have slowed down, I've let my hair grow out and I've realised that I'm showing more forehead... I'm also doing far more Dad-esque type things and I realise why all 'Dad's' (the good ones) have that worn/defeated look on their faces.

Haven't got my head around the Hamax yet - not sure Ms DDD would even let me- he'd love it though - maybe in the summer.
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD
    dhope wrote:
    You wait. Once he gets his figure back ...
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Food Chain number = 4

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,336
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I have slowed down, I've let my hair grow out and I've realised that I'm showing more forehead... I'm also doing far more Dad-esque type things and I realise why all 'Dad's' (the good ones) have that worn/defeated look on their faces.

Well, I've certainly got the look.
    Haven't got my head around the Hamax yet - not sure Ms DDD would even let me- he'd love it though - maybe in the summer.
    The youngest (about the same age as yours) is a bit small for it at the moment, but the 3yo was very impressed. I'll try and squeeze in a test drive at the w/e. Spotted that the weight limit is 22kg :shock:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,767
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I hate that. Kids aren't made of glass. You should definitely get one, the kids do love it. I admit I'd be more careful, avoid busy roads and pick and choose my route a bit more when I had the kids with me. After the kiddy seat I got a tagalong, they are even better as far as the kids are concerned. Even did some light off roading with my son on the tagalong. I'll never forget the look on his face when we finished one time. Great big smile on his face with teeth completely covered in mud. Fortunately his Mum didn't see that bit.
    Boy that seems like such a long time ago now. I am an old git.

ETA: They've got to be able to hold their heads really securely before you go anywhere near a kiddy seat of course. I'm sure you'd check such things out though.
  • Could always go the the trailor route.
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Or wait for the kid seat that I am developing.......

[/teaser]
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    2008-01-21-cfconey01_lg.jpg
    and like a random splash in the sea that woke a monster, this thread has brought back DDD
  • cyclingprop
    cyclingprop Posts: 2,426
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    spen666 wrote:

Unfortunately no, my contract ended and while I had the opportunity to renew I decided not to as I wanted to work closer to home, Mum and baby. This means I cycle less, far less than I expected (so much so in fact that it might have to be another move) but I get to take baby to nursery which has been a real pleasure.
    Nowt to be ashamed of DDD; learn to embrace it. Just got a Hamax for my Giant.

IMHO taking the kid to nursery is akin to having the snip. If I did it, I just wouldn't feel like a man.
    What do you mean you think 64cm is a big frame?
  • clarkey cat
    clarkey cat Posts: 3,641
    I take my kid to the nursery. It is humiliating.
  • spen666
    I take my kid to the nursery. It is humiliating.

I did the same, but my kid complained it is humiliating for him!

Well, he is nearly 20 now

Twittering @spen_666
  • DonDaddyD
    I love it, but its likely not a permanent thing.
    Food Chain number = 4

• EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I love it, but its likely not a permanent thing.
    Hopefully not. ddd should go to Primary school eventually!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!