CS7

BigLights
BigLights Posts: 464
edited January 2013 in Commuting general
is seriously hectic through Clapham! I rarely ride this route, and have never done it in Rushour, but I left work last night at 6pm.

Comments

• Yeah, I used to commute to the old-street area before my office moved. CS7 is not fun at all around Clapham in the evening.
    Bikes:
    Felt F2 Di2 [2012]
    Verenti Millook
  • I'm a CS7 regular and to be honest I find it quite OK. If I had to nominate the 'worst' section it would be the bit through Tooting High Street, especially heading out of town in the evenings. What with left-turners, right-turners and pedestrians walking off the pavement without a care in the world (or 'lemmings' as we CS7 junkies call them) it easily outdoes Clapham common for 'potential incidents per kilometre'. In my opinion!
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • BigLights
    BigLights Posts: 464
    I usually take other routes - all teh way along Embankment from the City to Battersea Bridge is a favourite, rather more pleasant.

agree about Tooting - I drive through there sometimes. It's a remarkable place where, with astonishing predictability, people will just step on to the road and cross it, entirely oblivious to cars, motorbikes, bikes or buses. It's amazing. I sometimes take guests down there just for a jolly because it never fails to perform. We're talking about a 1.5 mile stretch, then it normalises again.
  • musa
    musa Posts: 33
    Another junction which is pointless and a danger if you don't go into primary early on, is the one by Oval underground station...with the split to go left towards Brixton/Camberwell