29rs look silly

2»

Comments

• Even here on the dark continent, the disease known as the "29'er" is on the rise
    I seen a guy on a 29'er MTB cycling along with some roadies last Sunday.. like WTF are you doing dude? one 29'er and about a dozen roadies.. and he was keeping up, or the roadies were 'slow', or could it be true? 29'ers are really that fast?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Was perusing a recent Privateer magazine (only MTB mag I can get out here) and the dude that is Rob Warner says he rides 29ers because they re so much faster...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Hmmm it's made me think........... what about putting a 29er fork on a 26 and slackening the head but keeping a 26 on the rear?

Now that would look silly.......like a reverse chopper.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Gazlar wrote:
    Hmmm it's made me think........... what about putting a 29er fork on a 26 and slackening the head but keeping a 26 on the rear?

I seen one of those type "hybrids" at Cannock Chase once... must be a West Midlands thing
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    Gazlar wrote:

Go the whole hog, put a 24" on the back.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    I do think small 29ers do look a little odd - a bit like a baby giraffe - all legs and no body.

I'm not against 29ers and I would not rule one out when I eventually end up replacing my FSRxc - not for many years yet unless I break it.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • Gazlar wrote:

Meh, been done 5years ago.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/p ... -ht-17335/

69er - *snigger*
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    Gazlar wrote:

Cannondale made MTBs in the 80's with 24 at the back and 26 at the front.