Tyre Height problem...

jolmes
jolmes Posts: 144
edited January 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Sup Guys, just putting some new rubber queens (2.2) on my SC Blur and knowing that RQs inflate up to something like 2.4/5 I thought I would be fine with the clearance on the width but something I totally disregarded was the clearance on the height, it now rubs ever so slightly on the above bar :(

IMAG0256_zps9a2244d6.jpg

Is there anyway to get round this or can anyone suggest a lower profile tyre within the likes of hans damfs, the ones I had planned on buying or any other choices around that.

Cheers in advance!
Joe

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Hans Dampfs looks like your best bet, some mud on the RQ's with some gravel/stone in and the bridge will get trashed...
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • warpcow
    warpcow Posts: 1,448
    HDs might be pretty similar. The 2.2 RQs I've seen are about the same size as Schwalbe's 2.35 tyres.
  • jolmes
    jolmes Posts: 144
    Cheers guys, having looked at lots of tyre dimensions and other forums one of my mates has found that RQ's are one of the "tallest" tyres, he has a pair of HD's so gonna see what they are like under the bridge of the frame, might have to consider some rims with a smaller width wall...