Bontrager Node 2.1 and Combo sensor problem

Deckard71
Deckard71 Posts: 2
edited January 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone here can help me as, from all my Googling, it seems I have a unique problem.

I have a Bontrager Node 2.1 computer, which I use on my Trek 1.2 road bike with a Speedtrap sensor and a separate cadence sensor on the chainstay - this set-up works fine with no issues.

I decided I'd get a Bontrager Combo sensor (speed and cadence) for my MTB and switch the Node 2.1 between the two bikes.

The problem I'm having is that I can get the Node to connect to the sensors on my road bike but it just won't connect to the sensors on my MTB.

I've even tried pulling the sensors off the MTB and sitting there with the Node in paring mode, swiping magnets over the sensors to make them send a signal by still no joy.

When I'm trying to pair them, I can see a red and green LED flash up on the Combo sensor, indicating the magnet has tripped the sensor, but this stops after about 5 seconds (I assume to save power), but it still won't pair up.

I've tried swapping out to new batteries in everything too.

Is it a case of the Node will only pair with one set of sensors or is there something broken?

Any help would be gratefully received, I've tried mailing Bontrager but haven't had a reply yet!

Thanks in advance!